On this page:
Akai is a consumer electronics brand, now headquartered in Singapore. At its peak in the late 1990s Akai Holdings employed 100,000 workers and had annual sales of HK$40 billion but it collapsed in 2000 owing creditors US$1,100m. The Akai brand is now used to rebadge electronics manufactured by other companies. "Akai" means red, hence the logo color, earlier also accompanied by a red dot. Akai Professional has been a separate company since 1999 and no longer has any connection with the consumer products.
- also known as Акаи
- award: - Academy Scientific and Technical Award (Scientific and Engineering award) (For the design and development of the DD8plus digital audio dubber specifically designed for the motion picture industry. [These] digital audio dubbers have afforded the post-production community a faster, more cost-effective means of playing back hundreds of digital audio tracks for pre-mixing or final mixing in creating motion picture sound tracks. They also offer individual track slipping in multiple track configurations, random access recall, and both destructive and non-destructive editing capabilities, eliminating the requirements for razor blade conforming.)
- official website: www.akai.com
- Akai a.k.a. Akai Osei: Akai Osei-Mansfield is an actor.
- read more about Akai Osei (actor)
- Akai appeared in the 2013 documentary film Tough Bond directed by Anneliese Vandenberg and Austin Peck.
- nationality: Kenya
Printed books with definitions for Akai
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Joachim Fromhold
Akai Wejin* Agay Noon, Akai Nomb* Agay Yomine Agay Toeza Agay Zapta Agay Sokpe Agay Sagoewe Agay Sanoa Agay Nompechonke Agay Wenkichemina Noon Agay Wenkichemina Wazi Wenkichemina Yomine Wenkichemina Toeza ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akai
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Akai
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: dancrazzy13
Photo credit: Dr.Freshbeef
Photo credit: Danielle Lupin
- Akai Ksander Krause
Photo credit: saikoxix
- Al'akai Swamp
You emerge from the woods and find yourself about 10 degrees cooler in one of the world's highest swamps
Photo credit: Garden State Hiker
- Akai MPC 1000 LCD
Akai MPC 1000
Photo credit: Leon F. Cabeiro
- Akai sampler
Photo credit: sebilden
- AKAI MPC2500 Drum Machine Sliders
Testing out a new camera.
Photo credit: Schill
Video about Akai
Kenji Akai, Description of Office
See also the pronunciation examples of Akai!
Scrabble value of A1K5A1I1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AKAI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Akai!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Akai to see it in context!