On this page:
"Akayla" is a 1991 Bollywood film directed by Ramesh Sippy and produced by the Mushir - Riaz duo. It was the fourth film collaboration of Ramesh Sippy and Amitabh Bachchan after Sholay, Shaan and Shakti. Although their previous films were successful at the box office, Akayla did not do as well as expected. The story was written by Salim Khan. The film had the famous fictional Ram Pyari car, originally a customized Volkswagen Beetle.
- also known as Akela
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producers: Mushir Alam & Mohammad Riaz
- art direction by Sudhendu Roy
- written by Salim Khan
- Amrita Singh as Sapna
- Jackie Shroff as Shekhar
- Helen as Seema's Mother
- Amitabh Bachchan as Insp. Vijay Verma
- Meenakshi Seshadri as Seema
- Aditya Pancholi as Ajay
- Shashi Kapoor as Police Commisioner
- Kiran Juneja as Neetu
- Keith Stevenson as Anthony "Tony" Braganza
- Mahesh Anand as Ranjeet
- Kanwaljit Singh as Insp. Ahmed
- Mangal Dhillon as Anthony's & Jojo's lawyer
- S. M. Zaheer
- Keith Stevenson as Jojo Braganza
- Vikram Gokhale as Doctor
- Suresh Devadiga
- Anil Yadav
- Shaharyar Khan
- Lalit Tiwari
- Gopi Desai as Sapna's Friend
- Abbas Habib
- Pradeep Chaudhry
- Anjana R.
- Arun Mathur
- Baby Juhi
- Ghanshyam Rohera as Mehta Store Employee
- cinematography by K. K. Mahajan
- edited by M. S. Shinde
- music by Laxmikant Shantaram Kudalkar, Pyarelal Ramprasad Sharma
- genres: Thriller, Musical, Romance Film, Action Film, Drama, Bollywood, World cinema, Musical Drama
- released on (24 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Akayla
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ashish Rajadhyaksha, Paul Willemen
Ramesh Sippy's recent Akayla, 1991) have forced a re spelling in the more conventional form (Akela, aka Akayla). However, certain common proper nouns ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akayla
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Akayla
Photo credit: kimberlyannryan
Scrabble value of A1K5A1Y4L1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AKAYLA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Akayla!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Akayla for some fun with words!