On this page:
- Akbar: Abu'l-Fath Jalal ud-din Muhammad Akbar, known popularly as Akbar, also known as Akbar the Great or Akbar I, was Mughal Emperor from 1556 until his death. He was the third and one of the greatest rulers of the Mughal Dynasty in India. Akbar succeeded his father, Humayun, under a regent, Bairam Khan, who helped the young emperor expand and consolidate Mughal domains in India. A strong personality and a successful general, Akbar gradually enlarged the Mughal Empire to include nearly all of the Indian Subcontinent north of the Godavari river. His power and influence, however, extended over the entire country because of Mughal military, political, cultural, and economic dominance. To unify the vast Mughal state, Akbar established a centralised system of administration throughout his empire and adopted a policy of conciliating conquered rulers through marriage and diplomacy. In order to preserve peace and order in a religiously and culturally diverse empire, he adopted policies that won him the support of his non-Muslim subjects.
- also known as Akbar the Great, Jalaluddin Muhammad Akbar, Badr-ud-din Muhammad Akbar, Abu'l-Fath Jalal ud-din Muhammad Akbar I, Abu'l-Fath Jalal-ud-Din Muhammad Akbar, Shahanshah Akbar-e-Azam, Jalāl ud-Dīn Muḥammad Akbar, Abū-ul-Fath Jahāl-ud-Dīn Muḥammad Akbar, Abū-ul-Fath Jahāl-ud-Dīn Muhammad Akbar
- born on (473 years ago) in Umerkot, child of Humayun and Hamida Banu Begum
- religion: Islam, Din-e Ilahi, Sufism
- parent of
- died on (409 years ago) in Fatehpur Sikri
- buried in Tomb of Akbar the Great
- Akbar a.k.a. Akku Akbar is an Indian film director of Malayalam films.
- read more about Akku Akbar (film director)
- Akbar a.k.a. Akbar Gbaja-Biamila is an american football player, athlete, tv personality.
- read more about Akbar Gbaja-Biamila (actor)
- Akbar a.k.a. Bakshi: Akbar Bakshi is an actor and stunt performer.
- read more about Bakshi (actor)
- Akbar is a costume designer and an actor.
- Akbar: Veerapathirar Pernibarasa was a leading member of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam, a separatist Tamil militant organisation in Sri Lanka.
- Akbar is an actor and film producer.
- profession: Actor, film producer
- read more about Akbar (actor)
- Akbar a.k.a. Driver is a fictional character from the 2012 film Rhino Season.
- read more about Driver
- Akbar is a fictional character in the 2009 comedy film Today's Special.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1955 film Anarkali.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 2004 film The Beautiful City.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1995 film Ram Jaane.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 2004 film Perumazhakkalam.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1987 film Watan Ke Rakhwale.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1999 film Luna Papa.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1974 film Dost.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1990 film Jawani Zindabad.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1994 film Sangdil Sanam.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1991 film Trinetra.
- Akbar is a fictional character from Please Do Not Disturb.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1966 film Anarkali.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1974 film Invincible.
- Akbar is a fictional character from 1978 film Koose-ye jonoob.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 2011 film Sharte Aval.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 2014 film Letter to the King.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 2006 film Who Killed Amir?.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1972 film Khanevadeye Sarkar Ghazanfar.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1988 film The Beast.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 1993 film Actor.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 2000 film Romeo Must Die.
- Akbar is a fictional character from the 2001 film The Chimp.
- Akbar is a fictional film character.
"Akbar" is a 1967 short documentary film directed by Shanti S. Varma.
- country: India
- language: English Language
- director: Shanti S. Verma
- producer: J.S. Bhownagary
- cinematography by P.S. Pai & H.R. Doreswamy
- edited by Shyam Gudi
- genre: Documentary film
- released in (48 years ago)
- award: - National Film Award for Best Educational/Motivational/Instructional Film, received by J.S. Bhownagary & Shanti S. Verma
"Akbar" is a musical single of Jeffery Dallas.
- released on
- Akbar is a Venue, Building in Los Angeles.
- AKBAR is an Aviation waypoint.
Phrases with Akbar
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Akbar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Rereading the Black Legend (2008)
The Discourses of Religious and Racial Difference in the Renaissance Empires by Margaret R. Greer, Walter D. Mignolo, Maureen Quilligan
FINAL THOUGHTS The institutionalization of the haram and the more general regulation of the Mughal domestic world that mirrored the making of a new imperial order under Akbar is a provocative statement—not only about the Mughal con- ...
The Fast of Ramadan (2005)
The Inner Heart Blossoms by M. R. Bawa Muhaiyaddeen
Allähu Akbar means Allah is the ...
by Mark Juergensmeyer, Wade Clark Roof
Akbar, one of India's greatest Mughal emperors, was touted as one of the most open to diverse religious points of view.
Encyclopedia of Islam (2009)
by Juan Eduardo Campo
the most famous emperor of India's Mughal dynasty, known for liberal religious attitudes Abu al-Fath Jalal al-Din Muhammad Akbar was the third and most famous ruler of the mUghal dynasty in india. The son of Humayun (d.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akbar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Akbar
Click on an item to view that photo:
Akbar making his typical terrorist jokes on a DC subway....those crazy Indians.
Photo credit: Flyinace2000
- Akbar NYE
Photo credit: bourbois
- Akbar's Tomb
Photo credit: *_*
- Akbar Iced Tea
Locally brewed iced tea.
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Akbar's Tomb
Photo credit: *_*
- Escher Akbar
Photo credit: Marco Raaphorst
- * Akbar Meals *
This was eaten at a Indian restaurant by the name of Akbar's at 1905 West Broadway. It was delicious.
Photo credit: Venture Vancouver
Videos about Akbar
Click on an item to play that video:
- What is the meaning of Allah Hu akbar
Allah Hu akber meaning.
- Pakistan Has Accepted India's Definition Of Terrorism: MJ Akbar
BJP leader MJ Akbar addressing a press conference shortly after Modi and Nawaz Sharif held talks in Ufa, Russia. Listen In. Follow us: YouTube: ...
- MM Akbar - Explanation for atheists
- The meaning of life Talk islam Allaho akbar !!
- Paul and Akbar Discussing Religion and Language
See also the pronunciation examples of Akbar!
Quotes about Akbar
I think the elections have gone well, although there is so much insecurity in Iraq. So far during the counting of ballots, there has not been a significant complaint. We have to wait to see what the outcome of the counting is. (Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani)
more quotes about akbar...
Scrabble value of A1K5B3A1R1
The value of this 5-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AKBAR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Akbar!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Akbar to see it in context!