Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani
On this page:
Who is Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani?
Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani is an influential Iranian politician and writer, who was the fourth president of Iran. He was a member of the Assembly of Experts until his resignation in 2011. He is chairman of the Expediency Discernment Council of Iran.
- also known as Hashemi Bahramani, Hachemi Rafsandjani, Hashemi Rafsanjani, Hashemi
- born on (81 years ago) in Bahreman, child of Hajie Khanom Mahbibi Hashemi and Mirza Ali Bahramani
- nationality: Iran
- religion: Islam, Shia Islam
- education: ʿAqīdah at Qom Seminary since
- profession: Politician, writer
- Marriage with Effat Marashi since
- parent of
- written works: "Weathering the Crisis", "After the Crisis", "Stability and Challenge", "Towards Destiny", "Defense", "Defense and Politics", "End of Defense, Beginning of Reconstruction", "Reconstruction", "Tafsir Rahnama", "The Combat Era", "Amir Kabir: the Hero of Fighting against Imperialism", "Explicit Letters"
- official website: www.rafsanjani.ir
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ekaterina Ovchinnikova
axiom applied, no entailment predicted 281 president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani is a president has-instance - 654 senator Jader Barbalho Jader Barbalho is a senator has-instance - 52 inhabitants of Slovenia ...
by Ephraim Kahana
Kimche, recommended selling arms to relatively moderate Iranians in positions of power, such as Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani. The Israeli defense minister, Ariel Sharon , ...
by Olivier Roy, Antoine Sfeir
A struggle between the adherents of the ILM and the supporters of Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, the standard-bearer of the supremacy of the state, ...
by Cenap Çakmak
There are many prominent religio-political figures currently holding this title, including former Iranian president Ayatollah Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani (b. 1934) , archconservative Iranian ideologue Ayatollah Mohammed Taqi Mesbah Yazdi ( b.
by Peter L. Hahn
ics such as the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Ahmadinejad defeated political veteran Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani and thus became the first noncleric to sit as Iran's president in more than two decades. Ahmadinejad experienced a tumultuous ...
by P R. Kumaraswamy
and President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani (1934–) along with Khamenei took the decision to go ahead with the attack. Argentina has also accused the Iranian government of directing the bombing and the Lebanon-based group ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, and as head of the National Library (1992 –97) before winning the presidency on a platform of social and economic reform.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani to see it in context!