On this page:
- Akbar Khan: Major General Akbar Khan, DSO also known as Mohammed Akbar Khan, was a Pakistan Army officer who is most known as the Brigadier-in-Charge in Kashmir on the Pakistan side in Indo-Pakistani War of 1947. He also served as a commander of the Pakistan Army's division to stop the first Baloch insurgency of 1948. Khan had also served as appointed Chief of National Security under prime minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto. Under his guidance, the Army had quelled the Balochi Insurgency during the early and mid-1970s. In spite of his engaging military career, Khan is mostly known in Pakistan as the main conspirator of the first but failed coup attempt of 1951, which came to be known as the Rawalpindi Conspiracy.
- Akbar Khan is an Indian film actor, screenwriter, producer and director. He is the youngest brother of the Indian actor, producer, editor and director, Feroz Khan and Abbas Khan popularly known as Sanjay Khan.
- Akbar Khan is a recipient of India’s National Award for The Welfare of Persons with Disability in 1989.
- born on (53 years ago) in Bangasar
- Akbar Khan was a Pakistani cricketer.
Akbar Khan is a fictional character from the 1920 film The Devil's Claim.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akbar Khan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Lol Henderson, Lee Stacey
SOUTH ASIAN POPULAR MUSIC AND THE WEST In South Asia, it is popular music that has been most influenced by the West, while musicians such as Ravi Shankar, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, and Ali Akbar Khan, introduced by pop figures ...
by Leslie Stephen, Sir Sidney Lee
assistant political agent at Peshawar, 1840 : served with distinction at Kabul ; brevet-captain : attended conference between Akbar Khan ' and Sir William Hay Macnaghten [q. v.] and was taken * prisoner; on being released, chosen by Akbar ...
A Historical Encyclopedia by Alexander Mikaberidze
Akbar Khan, an insurgent leader and son of Dost Mohammed, forced the British to withdraw from the city of Kabul in January 1842. Major General William Elphinstone commanded the retreating force of 4,500 British and Indian soldiers, which ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akbar Khan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Akbar Khan
Meaning: Akbar Khan at TEDxCSDTeachers
Akbar Khan is a Senior at Hillcrest High School in Midvale, Utah. In the summer going into his sophomore year, Akbar started a non-profit organization that ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Akbar Khan!
Quotes about Akbar Khan
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Akbar Khan to see it in context!