Akbar S. Ahmed
On this page:
Who is Akbar S. Ahmed?
Akbar S. Ahmed is a film writer, author.
- also known as Akbar Ahmed
- born in (50 years ago) in Allahabad
- ethnicity: Pakistani American
- nationality: Pakistan
- religion: Islam
- profession: Anthropologist, diplomat, filmmaker, professor
- written works: "Discovering Islam", "After Terror", "Millenium and charisma among Pathans", "Journey into Islam", "Pakistan society", "Pieces of green, the sociology of change in Pakistan, 1964-1974", "Postmodernism and Islam", "Pukhtun economy and society", "Religion and politics in Muslim society", "Resistance and control in Pakistan", "Social and economic change in the Tribal Areas, 1972-1976", "Toward Islamic anthropology", "Islam Under Siege"
- film written: Jinnah
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akbar S. Ahmed
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert W. Pohle Jr., Douglas C. Hart, Rita Pohle Baldwin
Director: Jamil Dehlavi Screenplay: Akbar S. Ahmed, Jamil Dehlavi Producer: Jahmil Dehlavi; Music: Nigel Clarke, Michael Csányi-Wills; Cinematography: Nicholas D. Knowland; Editing: Paul Hodgson, Robert M. Reitano; Production Design: Mike Porter; Costume Design: Barbara Rutter Cast: Christopher Lee (Mohammed Ali Jinnah), James Fox (Mountbatten), Maria Aitken (Edwina), Shashi Kapoor (narrator), Shireen Shah (Fatima Jinnah), Robert Ashby (Nehru), Indira ...
by James Stuart Olson
SUGGESTED READINGS: Akbar S. Ahmed, Millenium and Charisma among the Pa- thans, 1976, and Pakistan ...
by Trudy Ring, Robert M. Salkin, Sharon La Boda
Discovering Islam: Making Sense ofMuslim History and Society by Akbar S. Ahmed (London and New York: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1988) does a wonderful job of analyzing the composition of Hyderābādi society, past and present.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akbar S. Ahmed
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Akbar S. Ahmed for some fun with words!