Akbar S. Ahmed
On this page:
Who is Akbar S. Ahmed?
Akbar S. Ahmed is a film writer, author.
- also known as Akbar Ahmed
- born in (50 years ago) in Allahabad
- ethnicity: Pakistani American
- nationality: Pakistan
- religion: Islam
- profession: Anthropologist, diplomat, filmmaker, professor
- written works: "Discovering Islam", "After Terror", "Millenium and charisma among Pathans", "Journey into Islam", "Pakistan society", "Pieces of green, the sociology of change in Pakistan, 1964-1974", "Postmodernism and Islam", "Pukhtun economy and society", "Religion and politics in Muslim society", "Resistance and control in Pakistan", "Social and economic change in the Tribal Areas, 1972-1976", "Toward Islamic anthropology", "Islam Under Siege"
- film written: Jinnah
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Akbar S. Ahmed
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Islam (2009)
by Juan Eduardo Campo
Further reading: Akbar S. Ahmed, Jinnah, Pakistan, and Islamic Identity (London: Routledge, 1997); Ainslie Embree and Stephen Hay, eds., Sources of Indian Tradition. Vol. 2, Modern India and Pakistan. 2d ed. (New York: Columbia University ...
by R. W. McColl
Akbar S. Ahmed, Jinnah: Pakistan and Islamic Identity (Routledge, 1997); Akbar S. Ahmed, Resistance and Control in Pakistan (Routledge, 2004); Robert Kaplan, Soldiers of God: With Islamic Warriors in Afghanistan and Pakistan (Vintage, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akbar S. Ahmed
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Akbar S. Ahmed for some fun with words!