On this page:
Who is Akebono Tarō?
Akebono Tarō is an American-born professional wrestler and former sumo wrestler from Waimānalo, Hawaii. Joining the professional sport in Japan in 1988, he was trained by pioneering Hawaiian sumo wrestler Takamiyama and rose swiftly up the rankings, reaching the top division in 1990. After two consecutive yusho or tournament championships in November 1992 and January 1993 he made history by becoming the first non-Japanese-born wrestler ever to reach yokozuna, the highest rank in sumo.
- also known as Tarō Akebono, Taikai, Chad Rowan, Chad Haaheo Rowan, Rowan Chad, Monster Bono, 曙 太郎, 大海, チャド・ジョージ・ハヘオ・ローウェン, ロワン チェド, あけぼの たろう, たいかい, モンスター・ボノ, Akebono
- born on (46 years ago) in Waimanalo, child of Randolph Rowan and Janice Rowan
- ethnicity: Pacific Islands American, Native Hawaiians
- nationality: Japan
- profession: Sumo wrestler, actor, wrestler
- member of musical group FANTA between and
- read more about Akebono Tarō (martial artist)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akebono Tarō
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: