On this page:
- Definition of the noun akhenaten
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akhenaten
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akhenaten
- Photos about Akhenaten
- Quotes about Akhenaten
- Scrabble value of A1K5H4E1N1A1T1E1N1
- Anagrams of AKHENATEN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun akhenaten
What does akhenaten mean as a name of something?
- early ruler of Egypt who rejected the old gods and replaced them with sun worship (died in 1358 BC)
Who is Akhenaten?
Akhenaten known before the fifth year of his reign as Amenhotep IV, was a pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt who ruled for 17 years and died perhaps in 1336 BC or 1334 BC. He is especially noted for abandoning traditional Egyptian polytheism and introducing worship centered on the Aten, which is sometimes described as monotheistic or henotheistic. An early inscription likens the Aten to the sun as compared to stars, and later official language avoids calling the Aten a god, giving the solar deity a status above mere gods.
- also known as Amenhotep IV, Amenophis IV
- born in Egypt, child of Tiye and Amenhotep III
- religion: Atenism
- parent of
- died in Egypt
- buried in Royal Tomb of Akhenaten
- Akhenaten a.k.a. Akhenaton is a fictional character from the 2007 film La Reine Soleil.
- Akhenaten is a fictional character that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. Based on the real life Pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt, circa 1351-1334 BC, the character first appeared in the Incredible Hulk #457, and was created by writer Peter David and artist David Brewer.
- "Akhenaten" is a book by Cyril Aldred.
- also known as "Akhenaten: King of Egypt"
- genre: Biography
- subjects: Middle East, Egypt, History, World
- "Akhenaten" is a book by Dorothy Porter.
- "Akhenaten" a.k.a. "Akhenaten: Son of the Sun" is a novel written by Moyra Caldecott in 1986. It was first published in 1986 as The Son of the Sun in hardback by Alison & Busby, UK.
- read more about Akhenaten: Son of the Sun
- "Akhenaten" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Julian Cope
- "Akhenaten" is a musical album of Nat Birchall.
- released on (6 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akhenaten
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Gods of Our Fathers (2002)
The Memory of Egypt in Judaism and Christianity by Richard A. Gabriel
Akhenaten is a figure of history whose teachings were later expunged from Egyptian history, reducing him in the Egyptian...
Heaven on Earth (2011)
The Varieties of the Millennial Experience by Richard Landes
For both the lowest motivations of popular culture, and the highest concerns of historical analysis, Akhenaten is a superstar. One historian called him, “history's first individual.”24 ANOMALIES Despite the relative richness of the historical record ...
by Eric Orlin
AKHENATEN Neferkheperure Akhenaten (ca.1380–1334 BCE) was the second, ...
by J. D. Douglas, Merrill C. Tenney
Akhenaten is credited by many as being the first monotheist and, indeed, ...
by Facts On File, Incorporated
Other prominent and well- known pha- raohs from this period include Hatshupsut, Thutmose III, and Akhenaten.
by Tremper III Longman
Pharaoh Akhenaten (Amenophis/Amenhotep IV [1352—1336 BC]) moved the capital from Thebes to the virgin site of Tell el-Amarna and named it “Akhetaten” ( “Horizon of the Sun Disk”). The religion and iconography of the Amarna period are ...
by George D. Chryssides
Other Essene groups, such as Reginald Therrien's Essenes of Arkashea, gave the Essenes a pedigree dating back to Pharaoh Akhenaten (1354 BCE). Some have claimed that clandestine Essene communities survived and were only recently ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akhenaten
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Akhenaten
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: thegreathorsecigar
Photo credit: Tribes of the World
At the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum in San Jose, California.
Photo credit: joncallas
- Head of Akhenaten
Alexandria National Museum
Photo credit: miriam.mollerus
- Akhenaten blocks
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Photo credit: bluebethley
- Nefertiti & Akhenaten
Photo credit: Carrie Frizzlechicken
- Akhenaten and Nefertiti, the Pergamon, Berlin
Photo credit: david__jones
- Nefertiti and Akhenaten, model parents
Nefertiti and Akhenaten, model parents. A slightly modified version of Stela of the Royal Family, probably from Amarna, Dynasty 18, reign of Akhenaten, 1351-1336 BC, Limestone, Egyptian Museum, Berlin, 14145.
Photo credit: ancientartpodcast.org
- Akhenaten profile
Photo credit: PrinceWhitemare
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Akhenaten
Scrabble value of A1K5H4E1N1A1T1E1N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AKHENATEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Akhenaten!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Akhenaten to see it in context!