On this page:
- Definition of the adjective akin
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akin
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akin
- Photos about Akin
- Video about Akin
- Quotes about Akin
- Scrabble value of A1K5I1N1
- Anagrams of AKIN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective akin
What does akin mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more akin / most akin
- similar in quality or character
- related by blood
Alternative definition of the adjective akin
- [context: of persons] Of the same kin; related by blood.
- [often, followed by [term, to]] Allied by nature; similar; partaking of the same properties; of the same kind.
Akin a.k.a. Akin, Illinois: Akin is an unincorporated community in Franklin County, Illinois, United States. Akin is 10 miles east of Benton. Akin had a post office, which closed on July 2, 2011. Akin is home to Akin Grade School; the school's Akin Bulldogs were the 1963 and 1984 State Basketball champions.
- read more about Akin, Illinois
Who is Akin?
Akin a.k.a. Akin Salawu is a cinematographer.
- read more about Akin Salawu
Akin is a musical group.
- albums: "Verse", "The Way Things End", "Forecast"
- Akin a.k.a. Akın is a fictional character from the 2010 film The Jackal.
- read more about Akın
- Akin is a fictional character from the 2014 film Thou Wast Mild and Lovely.
- Akin is a fictional film character.
"Akin" is a 2012 short drama film written and directed by Chase Joynt.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- written by Chase Joynt
- edited by Brooke Sebold
- genres: Documentary film, Family, Drama
- released in
- official website: chasejoynt.com/projects/akin
"Akin" is a hybrid adventure/platform game created by the Dutch amateur software producer Parallax for the MSX-2 home computer system. The game takes place in a distant future, where human's consciousnesses can be up- and downloaded between different hardware after their deaths. The player controls Ducane Seven, a simple droid, into whom the soul of a woman named Gwendolyn Irish is downloaded at the start of the game. The game looks like and has the general interface of a platform game. The story is an important part of the game as well, however. The player, as Ducane Seven, needs to interact with a large number of non-player characters in order for the plot and thus the game to proceed.
- mode: Single-player video game
- genres: Adventure game, Platform game
- Akin is a 1992 theater production of the play by John Kelly.
- award: - Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Music in a Play nomination for Richard Peaslee
- Akin is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Akin
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by R. Shane Tubbs, Mohammadali M. Shoja, Marios Loukas
(Akin et al. 2011). Manubriosternal and sternoxiphoidal fusions Manubriosternal and sternoxiphoidal fusions were partial or complete. Manubriosternal fusion was partial in 10% subjects and ...
by Newton Bateman, Paul Selby
Akin, 1888-89; B. E. Waddle and B. F. Akin, ...
A Corpus-based Analysis of the Complementation Patterns of English Verbs, Nouns, and Adjectives by Thomas Herbst
akin adjective p1 P2 pred For them all living things were closely akin. + to N/V-ing /to N ...
A Dictionary of the English Language... with an Appendix Containing a Copious Scotch Glossary, a Pronouncing Vocabulary of Proper Names, Various Other Useful Tables and a Supplement of Additional Words and Meanings Mainly Abridged from Webster's International Dictionary. Over 1100 Illustrations
ā-, akin to Goth. us- ur-, G. er-.] Away; on; back; - usually intensive; as, arise, ago, abide. 4.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Akin
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Akin
Video shows what akin means. Of the same kin; related by blood.. |lang=en}} Allied by nature; similar; partaking of the same properties; of the same kind.. akin ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Akin!
Quotes about Akin
Scrabble value of A1K5I1N1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AKIN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Akin!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Akin to see it in context!