On this page:
Who is Akira Ifukube?
Akira Ifukube was a Japanese composer of classical music and film scores, perhaps best known for his work on the soundtracks of the Godzilla movies by Toho.
- also known as "John Williams" of Japan, Ifukube, Ifukube Akira
- born on (100 years ago) in Kushiro, child of 伊福部 利三 and Kiwa Ifukube
- nationality: Japan
- education: Hokkaido University
- profession: Film score composer, composer
- Marriage with 勇崎 アイ since
- died on (9 years ago) in Meguro of multiple organ dysfunction syndrome
- genre: Film score
- albums: "Gojira", "Varan the Unbelievable (Daikaiju Baran)", "Ido Zero Daisakusen", "Godzilla vs. Mothra", "Godzilla", "War Of The Gargantuas", "Godzilla Vs. MechaGodzilla (1993)" (disc 1), "Frankenstein Conquers the World", "Monster Zero (Kaiju Daisenso)", "Godzilla vs. Destroyer", "キングコングの逆襲", "Terror of Mechagodzilla", "The Best of Godzilla, Volume 1: 1954-1975", "Destroy All Monsters", "Rodan, The Flying Monster (Radon)", "空想科学音楽大進撃〜OSTINATO〜", "King Kong Vs. Godzilla", "Godzilla, King of the Monsters!", "Zatoichi: The Best Cuts 1967-1973"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Japan Academy Prize for Outstanding Achievement in Music - "Love and Faith"
- nominated to Japan Academy Prize for Outstanding Achievement in Music - "Godzilla vs. Mothra"
- Japan Academy Prize for Special Award from the Chairman
- official website: www.akira-ifukube.jp
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akira Ifukube
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jeffrey Andrew Weinstock
Composer Akira Ifukube, who also composed the score of the film's memorable main theme, created the sound of Godzilla's roar by rubbing a loosened string of a double bass with a glove; the sound of footsteps was produced by bashing an ...
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
Yamamura based on the novel by Takiji Kobayashi Photog Yoshio Miya- jima Mus Akira Ifukube Cast S. Yamamura, Mori Hidaka, Kono. 103 mins. During the late Twenties, the captain (Yamamura) of a cannery- ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
Emi Ito, Yumi Ito, Eiji Okada, Kenji Sahara, Akira Takarada D: Inoshiro Honda SCR: Shinichi Sekizawa PHOTOG: Hajime Koizumi SPCL-FX: Eiji Tsuburaya MUSIC: Akira Ifukube Standard SF -fantasy: Giant reptile faces off with giant insect.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akira Ifukube
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Akira Ifukube for some fun with words!