On this page:
Who is Akira Yamaoka?
Akira Yamaoka is a Japanese video game composer, sound designer, sound director, and video game producer who worked for Konami from 1993 until his resignation in 2009. He is best known for creating the music in the Silent Hill series; he also worked as a sound director and producer on the series as well as serving as a composer and producer of the Silent Hill feature-length film and its sequel.
- also known as 山岡 あきら; Akira Yamaoka and Rika Muranaka; 山岡晃; Yamaoka, Akira
- born on (47 years ago) in Niigata
- nationality: Japan
- profession: Composer, guitarist, keyboard player, film score composer, director of audiography, sound designer
- member of musical group Akira Yamaoka & Sota Fujimori
- genres: Rock music, Industrial music, Ambient music, Soundtrack, Dark ambient, Trip hop, Hard rock, Alternative rock
- albums: "Silent Hill", "Silent Hill 2", "Silent Hill 3", "Silent Hill 4: The Room", "IFUTURELIST", "Silent Hill OST", "Silent Hill Original Soundtracks", "Silent Hill 2 Original Soundtracks", "Silent Hill 3 Original Soundtracks", "Silent Hill: Origins", "Silent Hill Zero Original Soundtrack", "Silent Hill 4: The Room - Original Soundtracks", "Silent Hill Sounds Box", "Shadows of the Damned", "Shin Contra", "Silent Hill: Homecoming", "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)"
- official website: www.akirayamaoka.jp
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akira Yamaoka
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Akira Yamaoka
Click on an item to view that photo:
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Akira Yamaoka to learn how to say it correctly!