On this page:
- Akram Khan: Akram Hossain Khan, MBE is an English dancer of Bangladeshi descent. His background is rooted in his classical kathak training and contemporary dance.
- also known as Akram Hossain Khan
- born on (41 years ago) in Wimbledon
- ethnicity: Bengalis
- nationality: United Kingdom, Bangladesh
- religion: Islam
- education: De Montfort University
- profession: Choreographer, dancer
- Marriage with Shanell Winlock
- nomination: - nominated to Laurence Olivier Award for Best New Dance Production - "Zero Degrees", with Antony Gormley, Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Nitin Sawhney
- official website: www.akramkhancompany.net
- Akram Khan: Mohammad Akram Hussain Khan, known as Akram Khan, is a former Bangladeshi cricketer who played in 8 Tests and 44 ODIs from 1988 to 2003. He captained Bangladesh in 15 of his ODIs. A hard hitting middle order batsman, Akram played first-class cricket for Chittagong Division.
- Akram Khan is an Indian politician, a leader of the Bahujan Samaj Party and the current Deputy Speaker of Haryana. He became the Deputy Speaker of Haryana for the first time in March 2010. In the Haryana assembly elections of 2009, he became the lone MLA of BSP in Haryana. Since 1966, he is the first Muslim deputy speaker of Haryana.
- Akram Khan is an actor and a cinematographer.
There are other people with in their name, like Akram Khan Durrani.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Akram Khan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Analysis of Derivatives Instruments in Commodity Markets by Muhammad Al-Bashir
Muhammad Akram Khan is a Pakistani scholar of Islamic law with outstanding works on Islamic economic and finance. Obaiyathullah Ismath Bacha Professor at the faculty of economics and Management, International Islamic University ...
Performance Perspectives (2011)
A Critical Introduction by Jonathan Pitches, Sita Popat
Akram Khan is a British choreographer/dancer whose family is of Bangladeshi origin. Khan studied in Kathak dance from an early age and began presenting solo performances (classical Kathak and contemporary choreography) in the ...
Encyclopedia of Percussion (2013)
by John H. Beck
Tabla Players and Gharana Genealogy Delhi Ajarara Sudhar Khan Habibuddin Khan Gameh Khan Hashmat Khan Inam Ali Akram Khan Latif Ahmed Khan Lucknow Varanasi Abid Hussain Ram Sahai Wajid Hussain Baldeo Sahai Afaq ...
by Mary Ellen Snodgrass
media coordinator, Hamburg Ballet, Hamburg, Germany Lisa Labrado, public relations director, Paul Taylor Dance Company, New York, NY Arthur Laurent, communications, Akram Khan Company, London, UK Thomas Lisanti, permissions, ...
by Jeffrey M. Shaw Ph.D., Timothy J. Demy Ph.D.
and Mohammad Akram Khan (1868–1969).
shah Mahmud; and the king's minister, Akram Khan, who was known to be on good terms with the English, was fingularly unsuccessful against the enemy. Before the first alarm created by the bad news was over, a Hindoo letter-carrier was ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Akram Khan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of AKRAM KHAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Akram Khan!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Akram Khan to see it in context!