Al Bridge (actor)
On this page:
Who is Al Bridge?
Al Bridge was an American character actor who played mostly small roles in over 270 films between 1931 and 1954. Bridge's persona was an unpleasant, gravel-voiced man with an untidy moustache. Sometimes credited as Alan Bridge, and frequently not credited onscreen at all, he appeared in many westerns, especially in the Hopalong Cassidy series, where he played crooked sheriffs and henchmen.
- also known as Alfred Morton Bridge, Alan Bridge, Al Bridges, "Alford" Bridge, Alan Bridges
- born on (123 years ago) in Philadelphia, child of Loie Shinn and Wilmer Shinn
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor, soldier
- Marriage with Blanche Bridge
- died on (57 years ago) in Los Angeles
- buried in Valhalla Memorial Park Cemetery
- "The Lawless Nineties"
- "The New Frontier"
- "The Hurricane Express"
- "Tim Tyler's Luck"
- played House Detective in "Unfaithfully Yours"
- played Political Boss in "Hail the Conquering Hero"
- played Marine MP Sergeant (Uncredited) in "Saboteur"
- "Valley of Wanted Men"
- "The Miracle of Morgan's Creek"
- played First Steward (Uncredited) in "The Lady Eve"
- "Drum Taps"
- "The Devil Horse"
- "The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend"
- played Marshal in "Blue Montana Skies"
- "Mystery Mountain"
- played Sheriff Mack (as Alan Bridge) in "The Jade Mask"
- "Sullivan's Travels"
- "Melody Trail"
- "Adventure in Sahara"
- "Broadway to Cheyenne"
- "Iron Mountain Trail"
- "Unholy Love"
- played Det. Flynn in "Cross My Heart"
- played Sheriff in "Little Miss Roughneck"
- played John Cassidy (Uncredited) in "Circumstantial Evidence"
- played Police Inspector Blake in "The Falcon's Alibi"
- played Sheriff Matt Farraday in "Cowboy Counsellor"
- played Mover in "The Curtain Falls"
- played Conductor in "The Palm Beach Story"
- played Colonial Policeman with Inspector (Uncredited) in "Road to Zanzibar"
- played Barfly Drinking Straight Whiskey (Uncredited) in "My Little Chickadee"
- played Ship Captain (Uncredited) in "Road to Utopia"
- played Sheriff (Uncredited) in "It's a Wonderful Life"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Bridge (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of AL BRIDGE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Al Bridge!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Al Bridge for some fun with words!