On this page:
Definition of the noun al faran
What does al faran mean as a name of something?
- an Islamic fundamentalist group in Pakistan that fought the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s; now operates as a terrorist organization primarily in Kashmir and seeks Kashmir's accession by Pakistan
- region: Islamic Republic of Pakistan / Pakistan / West Pakistan
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- scientific name: HUA
- synonyms of Al Faran: Harkat ul-Ansar / Harkat ul-Mujahedeen / Harkat-ul-Mujahidin / HUM / Movement of Holy Warriors
- instance of: foreign terrorist organization / FTO / terrorist group / terrorist organization = a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Al Faran
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Terrorism (2003)
... Wali Azam, a Harakat ul-Ansar leader arrested in Jammu and Kashmir by India in early 1994. In July 1995, a Harakat ul-Ansar faction called Al Faran kidnapped six Westerners who were hiking through Kashmir. The kidnappers demanded ...
In July 1995, a Harakat ul Ansar faction called Al Faran kidnapped six Westerners who were hiking through Kashmir. The kidnappers demanded the release of several jailed militants, including Azhar. One of the captives escaped, but the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Faran
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Al Faran to find many related words and phrases!