On this page:
Who is Al Hibbler?
Al Hibbler: Albert George "Al" Hibbler was an American baritone vocalist, who sang with Duke Ellington's orchestra before having several pop hits as a solo artist. Some of Hibbler's singing is classified as rhythm and blues, but he is best seen as a bridge between R&B and traditional pop music. According to one authority, "Hibbler cannot be regarded as a jazz singer but as an exceptionally good interpreter of twentieth-century popular songs who happened to work with some of the best jazz musicians of the time.
- also known as Hibbler, Al; Albert Hibbler; Hibbler, Albert
- born on (100 years ago) in Tyro, Mississippi
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Singer
- died on (14 years ago) in Chicago
- genres: Jazz, Traditional pop music, Easy listening
- albums: "Unchained Melody: The Best of Al Hibbler", "The Chronological Classics: Al Hibbler 1950-1952", "After The Lights Go Down Low / I Was Telling Her About You", "The Chronological Classics: Al Hibbler 1946-1949", "Count Every Star / It All Depends on You", "A Meeting of Times", "A Meeting of the Times / Ornette!", "Starring Al Hibbler", "Don't Get Around Much Anymore / Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me"
- some of the awards:
- Rhythm and Blues Foundation Pioneer Award
- Grammy Hall of Fame Award - "Don't Get Around Much Anymore / Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me", with Duke Ellington and His Orchestra
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Al Hibbler
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by the late Leonard Feather, Ira Gitler
Al Hibbler. Rejoin. Ellington briefly '46–7 but was sidelined by illness. CDs: w. Ellington (Vict.; Prest; Col.; Class.); Ella Fitzgerald (Dec.); Rex Stewart in Trumpet Jive (Prest.); Edmond Hall (BN). RAINEY, CHUCK (CHARLES W. III), bs, elbs; b.
by Steve Sullivan
A big hit in 1955 for four different artists as theme from the film Unchained, most notably by big-voiced balladeers Al Hibbler and Roy Hamilton, Unchained Melody was taken to a still ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Hibbler
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of AL HIBBLER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Al Hibbler!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Al Hibbler for some fun with words!