On this page:
Who is Al Hirschfeld?
Al Hirschfeld: Albert "Al" Hirschfeld was an American caricaturist best known for his black and white portraits of celebrities and Broadway stars.
- also known as Albert Hirschfeld, Hirschfeld, The Line King
- born on (112 years ago) in St. Louis, child of Isaac Hirschfeld
- ethnicity: Jewish people
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Art Students League of New York
- profession: Artist, caricaturist, painter, visual artist
- parent of Nina Hirschfeld
- died on (12 years ago) in New York City of natural causes
- written works: "Manhattan oases", "Hirschfeld's Harlem", "Harlem as seen by Hirschfeld", "The American theatre as seen by Hirschfeld", "The world of Hirschfeld", "The entertainers", "Show business is no business", "Artists in line"
- some of the awards:
- Special Tony Award (For 50 years of theatrical cartoons (Theatre Award '75))
- Special Tony Award (Brooks Atkinson Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Al Hirschfeld
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Cary D. Wintz, Paul Finkelman
Handy,the cartoonist Al Hirschfeld, andthe author Henry Miller. Just as Delaney's subjects wereinspired by the white community as well as by the African American ...
Social, Cultural, and Historical Perspectives by Scott C. Martin
Some other artists whose work is featured in Absolut ads are: Kenny Sharf, Armand Arman, Ed Ruscha, Al Hirschfeld, Chris Ofili, Damien Hirst, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Hirschfeld
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Al Hirschfeld
Click on an item to view that photo:
- The Al Hirschfeld Theatre
Photo by Shawna Pierson
Photo credit: susi.bsu
- Kinky Boots at Al Hirschfeld Theatre
Kinky Boots at Al Hirschfeld Theatre on Broadway in New York
This photo is licensed under a Creative Commons license. If you use this photo within the terms of the license or make special arrangements to use the photo, please list the photo credit as "Dennis Beck / Broadway Tour" and link the text to BroadwayTour.net.
Photo credit: BroadwayTour.net
Quotes about Al Hirschfeld
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Al Hirschfeld to see it in context!