Al Itihaad Al Islamiya
On this page:
Definition of the noun al itihaad al islamiya
What does al itihaad al islamiya mean as a name of something?
- a fundamentalist Islamic group in Somalia who initially did fundraising for al-Qaeda; responsible for ambushing United States Army Rangers and for terrorist bombings in Ethiopia; believed to have branches in several countries
- region: Somalia
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- alternative spelling: al-Itihaad al-Islamiya
- synonyms of al Itihaad al Islamiya: AIAI / Islamic Unity
- instance of: foreign terrorist organization / FTO / terrorist group / terrorist organization = a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
Al Itihaad Al Islamiya a.k.a. Al-Itihaad al-Islamiya or AIAI is a defunct Islamist militant group in Somalia that was added to the U.S. list of terrorist organizations on September 24, 2001.It was listed a terrorist group in October 2005 by the UK. It listed by New Zealand as a terror group.
- also known as Al-Ittihad al-Islami
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Itihaad Al Islamiya
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Al Itihaad Al Islamiya to find many related words and phrases!