Al Jazeera English
On this page:
Al Jazeera English is an international 24-hour English-language news and current affairs TV channel owned and funded by the House of Thani's Al Jazeera Media Network and is headquartered in Doha, Qatar.
- also known as 半島電視台英語頻道
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to International Emmy Award for News - "Newshour" (Kuala Lumpur News Hour – Popular Uprising in Myanmar & Military Crackdown)
- nominated to International Emmy Award for Current Affairs - "Witness" (Red Mosque), with Midwinter Productions
- International Emmy Award for Current Affairs - "Witness" (Red Mosque), with Midwinter Productions
- nominated to International Emmy Award for News - "Newshour" (Russia-Georgia War)
- nominated to International Emmy Award for Current Affairs - "Witness" (Witness Special - Return to Nablus), with Teachers TV & Flashback Television
- nominated to International Digital Emmy Award - Non-Fiction - "Al Jazeera English News US Election Special"
- nominated to International Emmy Award for News - "Newshour" (Gaza War)
- Peabody Award (Coverage of "The Arab Awakening")
- nominated to International Emmy Award for News - "Newshour" (Fall of Tripoli), with Al Jazeera
- official website: english.aljazeera.net
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Al Jazeera English
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Second Edition by Stephen E Atkins
Al Jazeera English Channel staff prepare for a broadcast in the Doha newsroom in Qatar, November I4, 2006. (AP/Wide World Photos) Despite the subsidy from Qatar, Al Jazeera set out to maintain a strict independence from censorship, ...
The Encyclopedia of Middle East Wars: The United States in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Iraq Conflicts [5 volumes] (2010)
The United States in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Iraq Conflicts by Spencer C. Tucker
Al Jazeera English Channel staff prepare for a broadcast in the Doha newsroom in Qatar, November 14, 2006. (AP/Wide World Photos) struck by Saudi ...
Encyclopedia of Journalism (2009)
by Christopher H. Sterling
Al Jazeera English (AJE) Al Jazeera English (AJE) started broadcasting as a 24hour Englishlanguage news and current affairs channel on November 15, 2006. Even though it set as its original launch target 40 million cable and satellite ...
An Encyclopedia of Political, Social, and Cultural Change by James Ciment, John Radzilowski
These include Univision«s Android platform application, which provides Spanish- language news and sits among the top free applications for news and magazines ; Al Jazeera English and Al Jazeera Arabic, which provide news oriented to the ...
by Mehmet Odekon
(Al Jazeera English) The byproducts of agricultural water use inevitably effects the poor far more than wealthy citizens. In rural areas, chemicals from fertilizers and other farm products, such as phosphorous, are carried from the farms to water ...
A - C by Charles Wankel
Al Jazeera English is the world's first global English-language news channel to be headquartered in the Middle East. It has four broadcasting centers in Doha, Kuala Lumpur, London, and Washington and supporting bureaus worldwide.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Jazeera English
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Al Jazeera English
Click on an item to view that photo:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Al Jazeera English to see it in context!