Al Murray (comedian)
On this page:
Who is Al Murray?
Al Murray: Alastair James Hay "Al" Murray, is an English comedian and TV personality best known by his stand-up persona and quick repartee. He is best known for his character of The Pub Landlord, a mock-xenophobic but stereotypical public house licensee. In 2003, Murray was listed in The Observer as one of the 50 funniest acts in British comedy. In 2007 he was voted the 16th greatest stand-up comic on Channel 4's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups.
- also known as Alastair Murray, Alastair James Hay Murray
- born on (46 years ago) in Stewkley, child of Ingram Bernard Hay Murray and Juliet Anne Thackeray
- ethnicity: British people
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Television producer, stand-up comedian, actor, comedian, drummer, screenwriter
- Marriage with Amber Hargreaves between and (6 years)
- parent of
- written works: "The Pub Landlord - My Gaff, My Rules"
- filmography: played The Pub Landlord in "The Secret Policeman's Ball"
- TV series:
- played The Pub Landlord in "Al Murray's Happy Hour"
- played Various Characters in "Al Murray's Multiple Personality Disorder" between and
- "Comic Relief Does Fame Academy"
- played Various in "Fruit Fancies"
- played Alan Hill in "Harry Hill"
- played The Pub Landlord in "Live at the Apollo"
- played The Pub Landlord in "This Morning with Richard Not Judy"
- played The Pub Landlord in "Time Gentlemen Please"
- played Al in "Union Jackass"
- "Live Floor Show"
- "Hell's Kitchen"
- nomination: - nominated to Laurence Olivier Award for Best Entertainment - "Al Murray - The Pub Landlord"
- official website: al-murray.com
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Murray (comedian)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Al Murray (comedian)
UK comedian Al Murray (centre)
Photo credit: German Embassy London
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Al Murray to see it in context!