- Al Overton was an American sound engineer. He was nominated for an Academy Award in the category Best Sound for the film Diamonds Are Forever. He worked on over 90 films between 1954 and 1975. His son, Al Overton, Jr., was later nominated for four Academy Awards for Best Sound.
- also known as Alfred J. Overton, Al Overton Sr., Al J. Overton, Alfred Overton
- born on (102 years ago) in Connecticut
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Audio engineer
- parent of Al Overton, Jr.
- died on (30 years ago) in San Clemente
- nomination: - nominated to Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing - "Diamonds Are Forever", with John W. Mitchell & Gordon K. McCallum
- Al Overton a.k.a. Al Overton, Jr. is an American sound engineer. He has been nominated for four Academy Awards in the category Best Sound. He has worked on over 40 films between 1969 and 1991. His father, Al Overton, was also nominated for an Academy Award for Best Sound.
- read more about Al Overton, Jr.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Overton
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Al Overton for some fun with words!