On this page:
Definition of the noun al qahira
What does al qahira mean as a name of something?
- the capital of Egypt and the largest city in Africa; a major port just to the south of the Nile delta; formerly the home of the Pharaohs
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of Al Qahira: Cairo / capital of Egypt / Egyptian capital / El Qahira
- instance of: port = a place (seaport or airport) where people and merchandise can enter or leave a country; national capital = the capital city of a nation
- part of: Arab Republic of Egypt / Egypt / United Arab Republic = a republic in northeastern Africa known as the United Arab Republic until 1971
- member: Cairene = a native or inhabitant of Cairo
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Al Qahira
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Hunting in the Shadows (2012)
The Pursuit of Al Qa'ida Since 9/11 by Seth G. Jones
Al Qahira is a busy neighborhood east of the Tigris River, home to both Sunnis and Shi'ites. The cell met again several days later. “We should perform jihad and attack the occupier,” one of the members, Abu Azzam al-Filistani, suggested.1 ...
by Carlos Ramirez-Faria
Umayyad Al Fustat, Abbasid Al Qatai, and Fatimid Al Qahira ( Cairo) are all within modern Cairo, which is not far from ancient Memphis. Moizz founded the Al Azhar mosque and university which became a center of Ismailite ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Qahira
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Al Qahira
Qalat al Qahira Fort, Yemen
Photo credit: Rod Waddington
Anagrams of AL QAHIRA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Al Qahira!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Al Qahira to find many related words and phrases!