On this page:
- Al Shean was the stage name for comedian Abraham Elieser Adolph Schönberg, although other sources give his birth name variously as Adolf Schönberg, Albert Schönberg, or Alfred Schönberg. He is most remembered for being half of the vaudeville team Gallagher and Shean, and as the uncle of the Marx Brothers.
- also known as Abraham Elieser Adolph Schoenberg, Shean, Alfred Schönberg, Adolf Schönberg, Albert Schönberg, Abraham Elieser Adolph Schönberg, Abraham Adolph Schönberg, Mr Shean
- born on (147 years ago) in Dornum, child of Lafe Schoenberg and Fannie Sophie Solomons
- nationality: Germany
- profession: Actor, comedian
- died on (66 years ago) in New York City
- read more about Al Shean (comedian)
- Al Shean a.k.a. Alan Shean is a production designer and screenwriter.
- read more about Alan Shean
- Al Shean was the son of Al Shean.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Al Shean
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Jerome Kern Encyclopedia (2013)
by Thomas S. Hischak
Walther Lessing Al Shean Al Shean Charles Winninger Frieda Hatzfeld ...
by Marty McGee
Burley; Ted Healy Mat; Shirley Ross Trixie; Margaret Irving Della Bailey; Harold Huber “Babe”; Edgar Kennedy Sheri›; Al Shean Professor; William Ricciardi Signor Baldini; Kenneth Harlan “Chick”; Roger Imho› “Alaska”; ...
by Mark A. Robinson
Book and Lyrics: Oscar Hammerstein II Director: Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II Cast: Reinald Werrenrath, Natalie Hall, Tullio Carminati, Katherine Carrington, Al Shean, Walter Slezak, Nicholas Joy, Marjorie Main Songs: “Melodies ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
W: Shirley Temple, Spring Byington, Gale Sondergaard, Nigel Bruce, Laura Hope Crews, Eddie Collins, Al Shean, Cecilia Loftus, Johnny Russell, Russell Hicks, Sterling Holloway, Scotty Beckett, Helen Ericson (Light), Sybil Jason, Jessie ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Shean
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Al Shean for some fun with words!