Al Shean (comedian)
On this page:
Who is Al Shean?
Al Shean was the stage name for comedian Abraham Elieser Adolph Schönberg, although other sources give his birth name variously as Adolf Schönberg, Albert Schönberg, or Alfred Schönberg. He is most remembered for being half of the vaudeville team Gallagher and Shean, and as the uncle of the Marx Brothers.
- also known as Abraham Elieser Adolph Schoenberg, Shean, Alfred Schönberg, Adolf Schönberg, Albert Schönberg, Abraham Elieser Adolph Schönberg, Abraham Adolph Schönberg, Mr Shean
- born on (147 years ago) in Dornum, child of Lafe Schoenberg and Fannie Sophie Solomons
- nationality: Germany
- profession: Actor, comedian
- Marriage with Johanna Davidson
- parent of Al Shean
- died on (66 years ago) in New York City
- "Atlantic City"
- "Tim Tyler's Luck"
- played Professor Fraum in "Live, Love and Learn"
- played Father Reicher in "Joe and Ethel Turp Call on the President"
- played 'Gumpy' Gumpert in "Too Hot to Handle"
- played Adolph Greig in "Symphony of Living"
- played Father Cemlanek in "Hitler's Madman"
- played Klauber in "52nd Street"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al Shean (comedian)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Al Shean for some fun with words!