On this page:
Definition of the noun al-asifa
What does al-asifa mean as a name of something?
- a Palestinian political and military organization founded by Yasser Arafat in 1958 to work toward the creation of a Palestinian state; during the 1960s and 1970s trained terrorist and insurgent groups
- regions: Israel / Sion / State of Israel / Yisrael / Zion; Palestine; Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan / Jordan
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of al-Asifa: al-Fatah / Fatah
- instance of: foreign terrorist organization / FTO / terrorist group / terrorist organization = a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals; political movement = a group of people working together to achieve a political goal
- member of: Palestine Liberation Organization / PLO = a political movement uniting Palestinian Arabs in an effort to create an independent state of Palestine; when formed in 1964 it was a terrorist organization dominated by Yasser Arafat's al-Fatah; in 1968 Arafat became chairman; received recognition by the United Nations and by Arab states in 1974 as a government in exile
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for al-Asifa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Martha Crenshaw, John Pimlott
Thus using the name al-Asifa (the Storm or Tempest), Fatah«s military wing launched the first operation on New Year«s Eve, 1964, against Israel«s national water system near al-Himma, on the Jordanian border where Jordan River water ...
World Terrorism: An Encyclopedia of Political Violence from Ancient Times to the Post-9/11 Era (2015)
An Encyclopedia of Political Violence from Ancient Times to the Post-9/11 Era by James Ciment
Thus using the name al-Asifa (the Storm, or Tempest), Fatah«s military wing launched the first operation on New Year«s Eve 1964 against Israel«s national water system near al-Himma, on the Jordanian border where the Jordan River water ...
An A to Z of Over 2,000 Entries from 1798 to the Present Day by Robin Leonard Bidwell
They created a military wing al-Asifa with Arafat as Commander- inChief and Abu ...
They created a military wing al-Asifa with Arafat as Commander-inChief and Abu Jihad as Chief of Staff and established training camps in various countries to escape the exclusive control of Nasser. Asifa carried out its first operation on ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for al-Asifa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of AL-ASIFA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of al-Asifa!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of al-Asifa to find many related words and phrases!