On this page:
Definition of the noun al-muhajiroun
What does al-muhajiroun mean as a name of something?
- a hard-line extremist Islamic group in Great Britain who support bin Laden and other terrorist groups
- region: Britain / Great Britain / U.K. / UK / United Kingdom / United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- instance of: foreign terrorist organization / FTO / terrorist group / terrorist organization = a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for al-Muhajiroun
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Olivier Roy, Antoine Sfeir
MUHAJIROUN, AL- Al-Muhajiroun ("The Emigrants") was banned in Britain in August 2005. It had been operative in Britain since 1986, led by Omar Bakri Muhammed, a Syrian-born activist who had also been connected with Hizb al- Tahrir.
by Peter Chalk
and its breakaway faction, the al-Muhajiroun (the Emigrants).
by Michael Newton
The next threat came from Ireland, where ex-nurse and ex-convict Terence Edward Kelly—known to fellow Irish Muslim converts as Khalid Kelly, Abu Osama , and Taliban Terry—once led the outlawed Al-Muhajiroun militant group in Dublin.
by Bill Jones
including Al-Muhajiroun, Hizb-ut-Tahrir and Supporters of Sharia, as well as individuals like Asif Mohammed Hanif, who became a suicide bomber in Tel Aviv in April 2003.1n July 2004 Muslim disaffection caused by the Iraq war helped ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for al-Muhajiroun
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of al-Muhajiroun to see it in context!