On this page:
- Al-Nasir li-Din Allah was the 34th Abbasid Caliph in Baghdad from 1180 until his death. His laqab literally means The Victor for the Religion of God. He attempted to restore the Caliphate to its ancient dominant role and achieved a surprising amount of success, despite the fact that the caliphate had long been militarily subordinated to other dynasties. He not only held Baghdad, but extended his dominion into Mesopotamia and Persia. According to the historian, Angelika Hartmann, Al-Nasir was the last effective Abbassid caliph.
- Al-Nasir a.k.a. Al Nasir is an actor.
- read more about Al Nasir (actor)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Al-Nasir
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by H. A. R. Gibb, E. van Donzel, P. J. Bearman, J. van Lent
Al-Nasir Hasan b. Muhammad b. Qala3un, the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al-Nasir
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Al-Nasir
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Al-Nasir Muhammad Mosque
Photo credit: askii
- Minaret of the Madrassa of Al-Nasir Muhammad
The Madrassa of Al-Nasir Muhammad is a madrassa and mausoleum located in the Bayn al-Qasrayn region of Cairo, Egypt. It was built in the name of the Mamluk sultan Al-Nasir Muhammad ibn Qalawun, but its construction began in 1296 under the reign of Sultan Al-Adil Kitbugha, who was sultan in between Al-Nasir Muhammad's first and seconds reigns. When Al-Nasir Muhammad returned to the throne in 1299 he oversaw its construction until its completion in 1303.
The Islamic historian Al-Nuwayri records that Al-Adil Kitbugha built the mausoleum along with the prayer iwan, and Al-Nasir Muhammad completed the construction of the building and added the minaret. Also, the Islamic historian Al-Maqrizi reports that Al-Adil Kitbugha oversaw construction of the building up to the top of the inscription band, and Al-Nasir Muhammad carried out the rest of its construction [Wikipedia.org]
Photo credit: Jorge Lascar
- Man praying in Al-Nasir Muhammad Mosque
Photo credit: askii
Quotes about Al-Nasir
Anagrams of AL-NASIR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Al-Nasir!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Al-Nasir to see it in context!