The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun al-Qur'an:
On this page:
Definition of the noun al-qur'an
What does al-qur'an mean as a name of something?
- the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of al-Qur'an: Book / Koran / Quran
- instance of: religious text / religious writing / sacred text / sacred writing = writing that is venerated for the worship of a deity
- part: sura = one of the sections (or chapters) in the Koran
"Al-Qur'an": Qur'an - Miracle of Miracles is a book written by Ahmed Deedat.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al-Qur'an
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Al-Qur'an
Photo credit: cdrummbks
Video language resources about Al-Qur'an
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Al-Qur'an!
Quotes about Al-Qur'an
I did not come into contact with any Muslim before I embraced Islam. I read the Qur'an first and realized no person is perfect, Islam is perfect, and if we imitate the conduct of the Holy Prophet... we will be successful. (Cat Stevens)
more quotes about al-qur'an...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Al-Qur'an to see it in context!