On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun al-tawhid
What does al-tawhid mean as a name of something?
- an Islamic terrorist cell that originated in Jordan but operates in Germany; goal is to attack Europe and Russia with chemical weapons
- region: Deutschland / Federal Republic of Germany / FRG / Germany
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- alternative spelling: Al Tawhid
- synonym of al-Tawhid: Divine Unity
- instance of: foreign terrorist organization / FTO / terrorist group / terrorist organization = a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for al-Tawhid
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John L. Esposito
See also AMAL; Sadr, Musa alHarakat al-Muqawamah al-Islamiyyah See HAMAS Harakat al-Tawhid al-Islami Islamic Unity Movement. Militant Sunni movement that emerged in Tripoli, Lebanon, in the 1980s in response to the Lebanese civil ...
From the Rise of Al-Qaeda to 9/11 and Beyond by Jan Goldman Ph.D.
Jamaa al-Tawhid wa'a Jihad (JTJ), a name that translates to “Monotheism and Jihad,” was a Sunni salafist-jihadist group operating in Iraq during the early stages of the Iraq War. One of the most violent and disruptive insurgent movements in ...
Encyclopaedia of Islam (2013)
by Ian Richard Netton
was synonymous with divine unicity ('lm al-tawhid). While the traditionalist Muslim scholars adopted the same early Islamic community non-rationalist approach to God's ...
by Samy S. Swayd
Adwa ' 'ala Maslak al-Tawhid al-Durziyah [Lights on the Path of the Druze Faith]. Introduced by Kamal Junblat.
Encyclopedia of Terrorism (2012)
by Peter Chalk
Jamaa al-Tawhid wa'a Jihad (J TJ), whose name translates to Monotheism and Jihad, was a Sunni salafist-jihadist group operating in Iraq during the early stages of the Iraq War. One of the most violent and disruptive insurgent movements ...
by Salim Ayduz, Ibrahim Kalin, Caner Dagli
1:141 Kitāb al-tawhid (Book of Unity) ...
by Adele Berlin
368 Kitab al-Tawhid (Qirqisani), 600 Kitab al-Tawriah ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for al-Tawhid
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of al-Tawhid to find many related words and phrases!