On this page:
Definition of the noun al-ummah
What does al-ummah mean as a name of something?
- a terrorist group formed in India in 1992; is believed to be responsible for bombings in southern India in 1998
- region: Bharat / India / Republic of India
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- instance of: foreign terrorist organization / FTO / terrorist group / terrorist organization = a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
Al-ummah a.k.a. Al Ummah is a terrorist organisation mainly based in Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It was banned by Government of Tamil Nadu for its involvement in 1998 Coimbatore bombings.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Al-Ummah
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mathieu Guidère
Jaljalat, Jaysh Al-Ummah, and Hizb ut-Tahrir are other Islamic groups active in Palestine.
by Helaine Selin
A page from Kashfal-Ghummah fi Nafa al-Ummah (The Important Stars Among the Multitude of the Heavens). Mamma Haidara Commemorative Library, Timbuktu, Mali (Library of Congress 2003). largely retains Arabic terminology, other ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Al-Ummah
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Al-Ummah for some fun with words!