On this page:
- Alan Baker, FRS is an English mathematician, known for his work on effective methods in Number theory, in particular those arising from transcendence theory.
- also known as Бейкер, Алан; 艾倫·貝克
- born on (76 years ago) in London
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Mathematician
- written work: "A concise introduction to the theory of numbers"
- award: - Fields Medal (For generalizing the Gelfond-Schneider theorem, generating previously unidentified transcendental numbers, and showing how the theory could be used in the field of diophantine equations.)
- Alan Baker is an Israeli expert in international law and former ambassador of the state of Israel to Canada. He is the director of the Institute for Contemporary Affairs at the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs and a former partner in the Tel Aviv law firm of Moshe, Bloomfield, Kobo, Baker & Co. He was a military prosecutor and senior legal adviser in the Israel Defense Forces and represented the Ministry of Defense at international conferences, and then joined the Foreign Ministry as legal adviser. He participated in the negotiation and drafting of agreements and peace treaties with Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and the Palestinians. In January 2012 he was appointed by Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu to the three member committee chaired by former Justice Edmund Levy to examine the legal aspects of land ownership in the West Bank. The committee's report, referred to as Levy Report, was published by the Israeli government in Hebrew in July 2012.
- education: University College London
- Alan Baker: Alan R. Baker is a professor of Philosophy in Swarthmore College, specializing in the philosophy of mathematics and the philosophy of science. He is also a former U.S. shogi champion and created the only active shogi club at an American university.
- also known as Бейкер, Алан
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Professor
- Alan Baker is a Republican member of the Alabama House of Representatives, representing the 66th district, Baldwin and Escambia counties.
- born on (59 years ago) in Brewton
- Marriage with Kaki Baker
- official website: www.legislature.state.al.us/house/representatives/housebios/hd066.html
- Alan Baker was an English football player. He played for several teams including Walsall F.C. and Aston Villa F.C.. He was born in Tipton, Staffordshire.
- born on (71 years ago)
- Alan Baker is an author.
- born in (52 years ago)
- written works: "Hedgehog in the Garden", "William's Dinosaurs", "The Viking", "Wizard, The", "The Encyclopaedia of Alien Encounters", "True Life Encounters Ufo Sightings", "A Fairyland Alphabet", "Gray Rabbit's Odd One Out", "Little Rabbits' First Number Book", "In the Lost City", "The knight", "Benjamin's Book", "In the Creepy Mansion", "Look Who Lives in the Ocean", "Jason's Dragon", "One Naughty Boy", "Sorry for the Slug", "The gladiator"
- Alan Baker a.k.a. Alan T. Baker: Rear Admiral Alan T. Baker, USN, born in Santa Ana, CA, 1956, is a retired American Navy officer who served as the 16th Chaplain of the United States Marine Corps from 2006 to 2009. Chaplain Baker was the first graduate of the United States Naval Academy and former Surface Warfare Officer to serve as a Chaplain Corps Flag Officer. Following his military career, Baker served as Directional Leader at Menlo Park Presbyterian Church, a 4,000-member, multi-campus church in the San Francisco Bay Area, from 2010 to 2012.
- read more about Alan T. Baker
- Alan Baker is an author.
- born in (65 years ago)
- written works: "Mouse's Halloween", "Xiao hui tu de 1-2-3", "Where's mouse", "The ocean", "Gray Rabbit's 1, 2, 3", "Little Rabbit's snacktime", "Xiao ke tu liwu de xing zhuang", "Benjamin's portrait", "The rain forest"
- Alan Baker was the brother of Lenny Baker.
Alan Baker is a fictional character from the 1963 film Come Blow Your Horn.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Baker
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Preachers of Hate (2004)
Islam and the War on America by Kenneth R. Timmerman
Alan Baker is a human rights lawyer who served ...
Primary Care Geriatrics (2007)
A Case-based Approach by Richard J. Ham
Sometimes helps the patient stay upright Alan Baker, Part 1 Your patient Alan Baker is a 75-year-old man with a 20-year history of diabetes who has developed peripheral neuropathy , ...
A 12-Volume Set
Byway ofcontrast, ina review ofthe relations between history and geography published in2003, Alan Baker acknowledgesno old orthodoxy for historical geography and instead identifies threegeneral approacheswithin a broad interdisciplinary ...
by Alisdair Rogers, Noel Castree, Rob Kitchin
Mead Peter Hall Alan Wilson Tony Wrigley Robert Bennett Brian Robson William Graf Mike Goodchild Derek Gregory Alan Baker Diana Liverman David Livingstone Charles Withers Keith Richards Patron's Medal 1973 1980 E. H. Thompson ...
by Ian D. Whyte
and 19605, was an important precursor of environmental history together with the work of contemporary historical geographers like Sir Clifford Darby, and a later generation including Alan Baker, Robin Butlin and Robert Dodgshon.
Alan Baker standing in a field trial (set up by Dr Mei Lei) of an As- hyperaccumulator fern, Pteris vittata, on contaminated agricultural land downwind of a large Pb smelter, Jiguan in Henan Province, China. Photo: A.J.M. Baker. This article is a ...
by Eric W. Weisstein
Alan Baker (Cambridge University) Fields Medal Heisuke Hironaka (Harvard University) Serge P. Novikov (Moscow University) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Baker
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Alan Baker
ALAN BAKER SAYS THAT RELIGIOUS LEADER CAN ESTABLISH A COMMON LANGUAGE
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alan Baker to see it in context!