On this page:
- Alan Bates: Sir Alan Arthur Bates, CBE was an English actor who came to prominence in the 1960s, a time of high creativity in British cinema, when he appeared in films ranging from the popular children's story Whistle Down the Wind to the "kitchen sink" drama A Kind of Loving. He is also known for his performance with Anthony Quinn in Zorba the Greek, as well as his roles in King of Hearts, Georgy Girl, Far From the Madding Crowd, and The Fixer, which gave him an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor. In 1969, he starred in the Ken Russell film Women in Love with Oliver Reed and Glenda Jackson.
- also known as Alan Arthur Bates, Sir Alain Arthur Bates CBE, Alain Arthur Bates, Sir Alain Arthur Bates, Sir Alan Bates CBE, Sir Alan Bates
- born on (81 years ago) in Allestree, child of Florence Mary Wheatcroft and Harold Arthur Bates
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Actor, voice actor
- died on (12 years ago) in Westminster of stroke
- read more about Alan Bates (actor)
- Alan Bates: Alan Curtis Bates is an American physician and a Democratic politician from the U.S. state of Oregon. He is a member of the Oregon State Senate, representing the 3rd District since 2005. Previously he was a member of the Oregon House of Representatives from 2000 through 2004.
- born on (70 years ago) in Seattle
- Marriage with Laurie Bates
- Alan Bates birth registered in Dewsbury district, is a professional rugby league footballer of the 1960s and '70s playing at representative level for Great Britain, and at club level for Dewsbury, as a Scrum-half/Halfback, i.e. number 7.
- born in (72 years ago) in Dewsbury
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alan Bates
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Lee Pfeiffer
Alan Bates is a standout as the mysterious escaped convict, and the great character actor Bernard Lee (“M” in the 007 films) turns in another fine performance. Malcolm Arnold's score is suitably moody. Inspired the unsuccessful Andrew Lloyd ...
by Jerry Roberts
Ken Cameron, Simon Curtis, John Gray, Mark Jean, Giuliano Montaldo, Arthur Penn, Franco Zeffirrelli Alan Bates: Michael Apted, Peter Barnes, Steve Barron, Alan Bridges, Michael Cacoyannis, Kevin Connor, Robert Dornhelm, Giles Foster , ...
by Barry Monush
ALAN BATES BORN: ALLESTREE, DERBYSHIRE, ENGLAND, FEBRUARY 17, 1934. During the 1960s, rumpled, naturalistic- looking Alan Bates was one of the much-heralded young British actors who graced some of the most interesting ...
by John Kenneth Muir
Alan Bates (Campbell); Frederic Forrest (Huston Dyer); Harry Dean Stanton (Billy Ray); Barry Primus (Dennis); David Keith (Mal). Film Editor: C.Timothv O'Meara, ...
Encyclopedia of Television (2014)
by Horace Newcomb
Alan Bates Coral Browne Douglas Reith Peter Chelsom Alexei Jawdokimov Screenplay, Direction, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Bates
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alan Bates
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Alan Bates
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alan Bates for some fun with words!