On this page:
- Alan Berg a.k.a. Alban Berg: Alban Maria Johannes Berg was an Austrian composer. He was a member of the Second Viennese School with Arnold Schoenberg and Anton Webern, and produced compositions that combined Mahlerian Romanticism with a personal adaptation of Schoenberg's twelve-tone technique.
- read more about Alban Berg (composer)
- Alan Berg was an American attorney and Denver, Colorado, talk radio show host. Berg was notable for his largely liberal, outspoken viewpoints and confrontational interview style.
- Alan Berg: Alan D. Berg is an American international development authority, most notable for his advocacy and large-scale implementation of strategies to address malnutrition, especially among children and pregnant women. Berg's professional focus on nutrition spans more than half a century and has earned him wide recognition for stimulating a new policy approach to international nutrition assistance. His work has helped to transform the way development agencies and national governments think about the problem of malnutrition as a fundamental component of economic growth. His innovative planning and multisectoral operational work, particularly during his long tenure as the senior nutrition officer at the World Bank, have modeled a number of practices that other donor institutions and countries now often incorporate into their own projects. Furthermore, Berg’s efforts to transform development assistance for nutrition have prompted a number of academic training programs for nutritionists to expand their curriculum to include coursework in nutrition policy, planning, and implementation, creating a new career path for graduates.
- born in (83 years ago)
- nationality: United States of America
- written works: "Malnourished people", "The Counting Game", "Common Law in Practice", "The nutrition factor"
- Alan Berg is a film producer, film director and film editor.
- Alan Berg: Alan B. Berg was an American politician and forestry professor at Oregon State University. Berg served on the city council of Corvallis, Oregon, from 1973 until 1978. He later served as the Mayor of Corvallis for two terms from 1979 until 1986.
- born on (98 years ago)
- Marriage with Helen Berg between and (6 years)
- died on (25 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Berg
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Nourishing millions (2016)
Stories of change in nutrition by Gillespie, Stuart, Hodge, Judith, Yosef, Sivan, Pandya-Lorch, Rajul
Advisory Committee Alan Berg is a former senior nutrition adviser CoNtributors 219 _GoBack.
by Robert Michael, Philip Rosen
Based in the Northwest, the group robbed banks, bombed synagogues, and murdered Denver radio talk-show host Alan Berg in the 1980s. Symbolized by the words "Hail the Order" positioned above an ax and a Bruder Schweigen crest and ...
by Marcel Danesi
Progressive or liberal talk shows, devoted to liberal politics, emerged in the 1960s, on rock stations, such as WMCA in New York and WERE in Cleveland, featuring outspoken hosts Alan Berg and Alex Bennett, who es- poused liberal views of ...
by James R. Lewis
Some former members of the Church of Jesus Christ Christian, Aryan Nations, formed a group called The Order, which was blamed for the 1984 murder of Jewish radio talk-show host Alan Berg in Denver, and a number of crimes in the Seattle, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Berg
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alan Berg
Click on an item to view that photo:
Anagrams of ALAN BERG
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alan Berg!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alan Berg for some fun with words!