On this page:
Who is Alan Brinkley?
Alan Brinkley is an American historian who has taught for over twenty years at Columbia University. He is Allan Nevins Professor of History and, from 2003 to 2009, was University Provost.
- born on (66 years ago) in Washington, D.C., child of David Brinkley and Ann Fischer
- nationality: United States of America, Portugal
- profession: Historian, professor, writer, author
- Marriage with Evangeline Morphos
- parent of Elly Brinkley
- written works: "Voices of Protest: Huey Long, Father Coughlin and the Great Depression", "Study Guide to accompany American History", "The End Of Reform", "The Unfinished Nation", "Prosperity, Depression, and War, 1920-1945", "Liberalism and Its Discontents", "American History, MP w\/PowerWeb", "Study Guide With Map Exercises Vol. 2 To accompany American History", "American History, Volume 1, MP w\/PowerWeb", "New Federalist papers", "America in modern times, since 1941", "Imaging the twentieth century", "American History: A Survey", "The Publisher: Henry Luce and His American Century"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to National Book Award for History (Hardcover) - "Voices of Protest: Huey Long, Father Coughlin and the Great Depression"
- National Book Award for History (Hardcover) - "Voices of Protest: Huey Long, Father Coughlin and the Great Depression"
- Guggenheim Fellowship for Humanities, US & Canada (U.S. History)
- nominated to Pulitzer Prize for Biography or Autobiography - "The Publisher: Henry Luce and His American Century"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Brinkley
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
1968: The World Transformed (1998)
by Carole Fink, Philipp Gassert, Detlef Junker, German Historical Institute (Washington, D.C.)
Alan Brinkley is a professor of history at Columbia University. ArifDirlik is a professor of history at Duke University. Jerzy Eisler is the director of the Ecole Polonaise in Paris. Carole Fink is a professor of history at the Ohio State University.
by James Michael Welsh, Donald M. Whaley
Talbot summarizes the conspiracy theories of Mark Lane, Jim Garrison, Oliver Stone, Anthony Summers, and others, but historian Alan Brinkley wrote, “An argument that offers multiple theories without having real proof for any of them is in ...
by Martin J. Manning, Herbert Romerstein
Alan Brinkley, Voices ...
by Henry Warner Bowden
Alan Brinkley, Voices of Protest: Huey Long, Father Coughlin and the Great Depression (New York, 1983).
by Melvyn Dubofsky
Alexander, and Economic Development; Joint-Stock Companies; Mercantilism; Report on Manufactures; Tobacco Trade; Triangular Trade Susan Roth Breitzer Campbell University–FortBragg Campus Alien Contract Labor Law Alan Brinkley ...
by Donald T. Critchlow, Philip R. VanderMeer
Boyer Merle Curti Professor of History, University of Wisconsin-Madison Education Policy Alan Brinkley Allan Nevins Professor of History, ...
An Encyclopedia by James Ciment
violations of civil liberties that by modern standards would seem exceptionally oppressive, ̄ wrote historian Alan Brinkley. ®[P]opular. support for an expansive view of civil liberties was thin and, in some places, nonexistent.
The Home Front Encyclopedia (2007)
United States, Britain, and Canada in World Wars I and II by James Ciment, Thaddeus Russell
LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS Board of Advisors Alan Brinkley, Columbia University. General. Works. Higonnet, Margaret Randolph, Jane Jenson, Sonya Michel, et al., eds. Behind the Lines: Gender ...
Encyclopedia of White Power (2000)
A Sourcebook on the Radical Racist Right by Jeffrey Kaplan
Alan Brinkley, Voices of Protest (New York: Alfred Knopf, 1982); Jeffrey Kaplan ...
by Mehmet Odekon
Alan Brinkley, Voices of Protest: Huey Long, Father ...
by Michael Kazin, Rebecca Edwards, Adam Rothman
Alan Brinkley, The End ofReform: NewDealLiberalisminRecessionandWar, 1995; Thomas Byrne Edsall, with Mary D. Edsall, Chain Reaction:The Impact of Race, Rights, and Taxes on American Politics, 1991; Friedrich A. Hayek, The Road to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Brinkley
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alan Brinkley for some fun with words!