On this page:
- Alan Burns: Professor Alan Burns FREng FIET FBCS SMIEEE CEng is a professor in the Computer Science Department at the University of York, England. He has been at the University of York since 1990, and held the post of Head of Department from 1999 until 30 June 2006, when he was succeeded by John McDermid.
- Alan Burns was an English author. Before becoming a full-time writer, he was a libel lawyer for the London Daily Express.
- born on (86 years ago)
- died on
- written works: "The Angry Brigade", "Dreamerika!", "The day daddy died"
- Alan Burns: Sir Alan Cuthbert Maxwell Burns GCMG was a British colonial administrator and governor.
- Alan Burns: Alan Wayne 'Frank' Burns is an Australian professional rugby league footballer of the 1980s, playing at club level for North Sydney Bears, Wakefield Trinity, and Western Suburbs Magpies, as a Stand-off/Five-eighth, Second-row, or Loose forward/Lock, i.e. 6, 11 or 12, or 13.
There are other people with in their name, like Larry Alan Burns.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Burns
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Virtanen, Seppo
*** Alan Burns is a Professor of Real- Time Systems in ...
by George Nicholas
Alan Burns is an Aboriginal man from the Wiradjuriand Yorta Yorta ...
by Alan Burns, Andy Wellings
ALAN BURNS is a Professor in Computer ...
by David H. Stam
Alan Burns, Ethel S. Fegan, and Kate Ferguson were some of the major figures in library development in Nigeria in the 1930s and 1940s. Libraries in Lagos were founded and supported by the Colonial Office and funded by the Carnegie Corporation; ...
by J. A. Cuddon
Samuel Beckett, William Burroughs, Julien Gracq, Alain Robbe-Griiiet, Nathalie Sarraute, Alan Burns and B. S. Johnson. See. also. EXPRESSIONISM;. NONSENSE;. PATAPHYSICS;. REALISM;. THEATRE. OF. THE. ABSURD;. VORTICISM. suspended rhyme When the final consonants of two words are.
Volume 8 - El Salvador: National Library in to Ford Foundation by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour
Sir Alan Burns, Fiji, H. M. Stationery Office, London, 1963. 2.
by James Stuart Olson, Robert Shadle
REFERENCES: Alan Burns, History of the British West Indies, 1965; Cyril Hamshere, The British In The Caribbean, 1972. MARGARET M. BORENE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLIES. Leglislative assemblies played central roles in the development of most of the "white settler" colonies of the British Empire. The British Parliament had acquired sovereign political powers through a long process of evolution in the Middle Ages and the early modern period, and, by the time of colonial expansion ...
Encyclopedia of Censorship (2009)
by Jonathon Green, Nicholas J. Karolides
Kennedy, Aidan Higgins, and Alan Burns); “the American Scene” (HENRY MILLER, William Burroughs, Robert Creeley, and various Beat writers); “the Nouveau Roman” (French writers Alain Robbe-Grillet, Nathalie Sar- raute, Marguerite Duras); “the Avant-Garde Theater” (Eugene Ionesco, Peter Weiss, David Mercer, Fernando Arrabal, and Samuel ...
Johnson, Christine Brooke-Rose, Alan Burns, Ann Quin, and Rayner Heppenstall throughout the 1960s. Indeed, Johnson, Brooke-Rose, Jonathan Culler, Shlomith Rimmon, and, on occasion, Roland Barthes, were all participants in Frank ...
by Ben R. Guttery
The airline operated a number of Doves since they were first introduced in the late 1940s (including VR—NAB, VR- NAG, NR-NAJ “Sir Alan Burns," VR—NAP, VR-NAY, VR—NBA/VR—NEW, VR- NET, VRNIB “Sir Gerald Creasey,n VR-NIL, VR—NIT, VR—NIX “Accra,” and VR —NOB “Omifunfun”). Two Bristol Freighters were leased from the mil— itary, and two Bristol 170 Wayfarers on a lease— purchase arrangement were used on the ...
The household encyclopedia (1859)
Alan Burns successfully cut out a mark of this kind, which covered part of the right eye and cheek, like the wattles of a turkey cock. Mr. Langstaff was successful in cutting away the greater part of the upper lip of a ...
by Vincent Terrace
Brooks, Alan Burns.
1901, Alan Burns, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Burns
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of ALAN BURNS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alan Burns!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alan Burns to find many related words and phrases!