Alan Cumming (actor)
On this page:
Who is Alan Cumming?
Alan Cumming, OBE, is a Scottish actor who has appeared in numerous films, television shows and plays.
- also known as Alan Cummings; Uppin Cumming; Young Alan; Alan Cumming, OBE
- born on (49 years ago) in Aberfeldy, child of Mary Darling and Alex Cumming
- ethnicity: Scottish people
- nationality: United States of America, United Kingdom
- religion: Atheism
- education: The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- profession: Actor, singer, film director, film producer, screenwriter, author, entrepreneur, voice actor, film score composer
- album: "I Bought a Blue Car Today"
- written work: "Tommy's Tale"
- "Coming Out"
- played Mr. Elton in "Emma"
- played Wyatt Frame in "Josie and the Pussycats"
- played Loki in "Son of the Mask"
- played Saturninus in "Titus"
- played Nightcrawler in "X-Men 2"
- played Joe in "The Anniversary Party"
- played Floop in "Spy Kids"
- played Boris Grishenko in "GoldenEye"
- played Bernard Bottle in "Bernard and the Genie"
- played John Vandermark in "Suffering Man's Charity"
- played Sevy in "Investigating Sex"
- played The Hitchhiker in "Full Grown Men"
- played Black Beauty (Voice) in "Black Beauty"
- played Lord Rochester in "Plunkett & Macleane"
- played Frandsen in "Sweet Land"
- played Gordy in "Gray Matters"
- played Adolf Hitler (Voice) in "Jackboots on Whitehall"
- "Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll"
- played Lecturer in "Reefer Madness"
- played Dick Croner in "Buddy"
- played Daniel Francis "Rooster" Hannigan in "Annie"
- played Brett in "Urbania"
- played Grant Matson in "Dare"
- played Dewey Dalamanatousis in "Boogie Woogie"
- played Bernard in "Second Best"
- played Jake in "Neverwas"
- played Newton (Voice) in "Cat Tale"
- played The Great Gazoo in "The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas"
- played Alexander Novak in "Prague"
- played Piers in "Spice World"
- played Sandy Frink in "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion"
- played Mr. Folair in "Nicholas Nickleby"
- played Jeremy Kinnear in "Get Carter"
- played Jeff Constant in "Ripley Under Ground"
- played Father Chris in "Eighteen"
- played Gen. Batista in "Company Man"
- played Eugene in "Bam Bam and Celeste"
- played Hotel Desk Clerk in "Eyes Wide Shut"
- played Alexis in "Burlesque"
- played Sebastian in "The Tempest"
- played Persnikitty (Voice) in "Garfield: The Movie"
- played Gordon the Goat (Voice) in "Sir Billi"
- played Sean Walsh in "Circle of Friends"
- played Mark in "The Goodbye Girl"
- played Fegan Floop in "Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams"
- "The Real Cabaret"
- played Gutsy Smurf (Voice) in "The Smurfs"
- "ShowBusiness: The Road to Broadway"
- played Fegan Floop in "Spy Kids: All the Time in the World"
- TV series:
- film written: The Anniversary Party
- films produced:
- films directed:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Laurence Olivier Award for Most Promising Newcomer of the Year in Theatre - "The Conquest of the South Pole"
- nominated to Laurence Olivier Award for Best Comedy Performance - "Accidental Death of an Anarchist"
- Laurence Olivier Award for Best Comedy Performance - "Accidental Death of an Anarchist"
- nominated to Laurence Olivier Award for Best Comedy Performance - "La Bête"
- nominated to Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Musical - "Cabaret"
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical - "Cabaret"
- nominated to MTV Movie Award for Best Dance Sequence - "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion", with Lisa Kudrow & Mira Sorvino
- nominated to Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical - "Cabaret"
- nominated to Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical - "Cabaret"
- Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical - "Cabaret"
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical - "Cabaret"
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actor in a Musical - "Cabaret"
- nominated to Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor - "Son of the Mask"
- GLAAD Media Vito Russo Award
- nominated to Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film - "The Good Wife"
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series - "The Good Wife" (Fleas)
- nominated to Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series - "The Good Wife", with Christine Baranski, Josh Charles, Matt Czuchry, Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, Graham Phillips, Makenzie Vega & Chris Noth
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - "The Good Wife"
- nominated to Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer In An Animated Program - "Arthur"
- official website: www.alancumming.com
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Cumming (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alan Cumming to see it in context!