On this page:
Who is Alan Dershowitz?
Alan Dershowitz: Alan Morton Dershowitz is an American lawyer, jurist, author, and political commentator. He is a prominent scholar on United States constitutional law and criminal law. He spent most of his career at Harvard Law School where in 1967, at the age of 28, he became the youngest full professor of law in its history. He held the Felix Frankfurter professorship there from 1993 until his retirement in December 2013.
- also known as Alan Morton Dershowitz, Alan M. Dershowitz, Prof. Alan Dershowitz
- born on (77 years ago) in Williamsburg, child of Claire Dershowitz and Harry Dershowitz
- ethnicity: Jewish people
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Judaism, Agnosticism
- profession: Lawyer, writer, professor, author, commentator
- parent of Elon Dershowitz
- written works: "Supreme Injustice: How the High Court Hijacked Election 2000", "Ein Spiel mit dem Teufel.", "Die Entstehung von Recht und Gesetz aus Mord und Totschlag.", "Preemption", "Anwalt der Gerechtigkeit.", "Le démon de l'avocat", "Rights from wrongs", "America on Trial", "Why Terrorism Works", "The Genesis of justice", "The vanishing American Jew", "The best defense", "Sexual McCarthyism", "Reasonable doubts", "Chutzpah", "Chuzpe. Autobiographie.", "Shouting Fire", "Letters to a young lawyer", "America declares independence", "The Abuse Excuse", "Is There a Right to Remain Silent?", "The advocate's devil", "Finding Jefferson", "What Israel Means to Me", "Just Revenge", "Reversal of fortune", "Icon of Evil: Hitler's Mufti and the Rise of Radical Islam", "The Case for Israel", "The Case for Peace"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Social Sciences, US & Canada (Law)
- official website: www.law.harvard.edu/faculty/directory/facdir.php?id=12
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Dershowitz
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Amos N. Guiora
Professor Alan Dershowitz is a law professor at Harvard Law School and world renowned ...
My America (2002)
What My Country Means to Me, by 150 Americans from All Walks of Life by Hugh Downs
Alan Dershowitz is a lawyer and a Harvard Law School professor. WE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES The cataclysmic events of September 11, 2001, have once again reaffirmed that we, as Americans, learn from our mistakes. After it was ...
by Susan Marks, Andrew Clapham
For Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz the absolute prohibitionof torture is notonly naive,but also ...
by Paul Finkelman
Alan Dershowitz, professor of law at Harvard University, is a prolific writer, social activist, and legal commentator who has been described by Newsweek as ''the nation's most peripatetic civil liberties lawyer and one of its most distinguished ...
by Gerald D. Jaynes
Lee Bailey, Bob Blazier, Shawn Chapman, Robert Shapiro, and Alan Dershowitz. Cochran later became the defense team's lead attorney.
The Lexicon of Stupidity (2005)
by Ross Petras, Kathryn Petras
ALAN DERSHOWITZ. HARVARO UNIVERSITY LAW PROFESSOR AND ...
by Lawrence M. Salinger
Alan Dershowitz, Supreme Injustice: How the High Court Hijacked ...
by Vincent N. Parrillo
Most arguments justifying the use of torture tend to be pragmatic, such as the “ ticking bomb” scenario proposed by legal expert Alan Dershowitz. However, modern interrogation techniques are far more effective than torture in extracting factual ...
by Hugh Rawson, Margaret Miner
—Alan Dershowitz, Newsweek, Feb.
For example, Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School has recommended the use of nonlethal torture under the supervision of judges as a way of responding to the threat of international and domestic terrorism. Sanford Levinson from Texas ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Dershowitz
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alan Dershowitz
Alan Dershowitz and Jimmy Wales
Photo credit: ragesoss
Quotes about Alan Dershowitz
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alan Dershowitz to see it in context!