On this page:
Who is Alan Dershowitz?
Alan Dershowitz: Alan Morton Dershowitz is an American lawyer, jurist, author, and political commentator. He is a prominent scholar on United States constitutional law and criminal law. He spent most of his career at Harvard Law School where in 1967, at the age of 28, he became the youngest full professor of law in its history. He held the Felix Frankfurter professorship there from 1993 until his retirement in December 2013.
- also known as Alan Morton Dershowitz, Alan M. Dershowitz, Prof. Alan Dershowitz
- born on (77 years ago) in Williamsburg, child of Claire Dershowitz and Harry Dershowitz
- ethnicity: Jewish people
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Judaism, Agnosticism
- profession: Lawyer, writer, professor, author, commentator
- parent of Elon Dershowitz
- written works: "Supreme Injustice: How the High Court Hijacked Election 2000", "Ein Spiel mit dem Teufel.", "Die Entstehung von Recht und Gesetz aus Mord und Totschlag.", "Preemption", "Anwalt der Gerechtigkeit.", "Le démon de l'avocat", "Rights from wrongs", "America on Trial", "Why Terrorism Works", "The Genesis of justice", "The vanishing American Jew", "The best defense", "Sexual McCarthyism", "Reasonable doubts", "Chutzpah", "Chuzpe. Autobiographie.", "Shouting Fire", "Letters to a young lawyer", "America declares independence", "The Abuse Excuse", "Is There a Right to Remain Silent?", "The advocate's devil", "Finding Jefferson", "What Israel Means to Me", "Just Revenge", "Reversal of fortune", "Icon of Evil: Hitler's Mufti and the Rise of Radical Islam", "The Case for Israel", "The Case for Peace"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Social Sciences, US & Canada (Law)
- official website: www.law.harvard.edu/faculty/directory/facdir.php?id=12
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Dershowitz
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
My America (2002)
What My Country Means to Me, by 150 Americans from All Walks of Life by Hugh Downs
Alan Dershowitz is a lawyer and a Harvard Law School professor. WE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES The cataclysmic events of September 11, 2001, have once again reaffirmed that we, as Americans, learn from our mistakes. After it was learned that Muslim extremists had murdered so many innocent Americans, there was great concern that we might react in the racist manner by which we responded to the bombing of Pearl Harbor by the Japanese. Following that attack , we ...
Logical Self-defense (2006)
by Ralph Henry Johnson, J. Anthony Blair
Background: Alan Dershowitz is a famous attorney whose book, Chutzpah , was reviewed by Stefan Kanfer. Dershowitz took exception to the review in a letter ...
by Susan Marks, Andrew Clapham
For Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz the absolute prohibitionof torture is notonly naive,but also hypocritical and ultimately illiberal. Ashe explains, 'Ihave no doubt thatifanactual ticking bomb situation were to arise,our law enforcement authoritieswould torture.The real debateiswhether such tortureshould takeplace outside of ourlegal system ...
Encyclopedia Neurotica (2013)
by Jon Winokur
Colleen McCullough, Los Angeles Herald Examiner, May 3, 1987 Under the Nietzschean precept that what does not kill you makes you stronger, a lot of us news junkies deluded ourselves into thinking we had built up a potent immunity over the years, having been able to absorb mega-gamma rays of Grover Norquist , Larry Klayman, Alan Dershowitz, and Gerry Spence without sprouting a third ear or acquiring a twitch. But sometimes what doesn't kill you may just be setting you up for ...
by Mark S. Davis
Lee Bailey, Johnnie Cochran, Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz,and ...
For example, Alan Dershowitz of ...
by Gerald D. Jaynes
Lee Bailey, Bob Blazier, Shawn Chapman, Robert Shapiro, and Alan Dershowitz. Cochran later became the defense team's lead attorney. The Simpson defense was based largely on the grounds that many members of the Los Angeles police department were racist and that the police had mishandled evidence, most notably a leather glove found at the scene. The defense team argued ...
by Bruce A. Arrigo
The socalled dream teamincluded Johnnie Cochran,Robert Shapiro, Alan Dershowitz (a famous Harvard Law School professor), Robert Kardashian, Gerald Uelmen(a dean oflaw),and DNAexperts Barry Scheck and PeterNeufeld. Completing the teamwas F. Lee Bailey, arguably the most famous lawyer ofthe20th ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Dershowitz
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alan Dershowitz
Alan Dershowitz and Jimmy Wales
Photo credit: ragesoss
Quotes about Alan Dershowitz
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alan Dershowitz to see it in context!