On this page:
- Alan Jones: Alan Stanley Jones MBE is an Australian former Formula One driver. He was the first driver to win a Formula One World Championship with the Williams team, becoming the 1980 World Drivers' Champion and the second Australian to do so following triple World Champion Sir Jack Brabham. The previous year, Jones had become Can-Am champion driving a Lola.
- Alan Jones: Alan Belford Jones AO is an Australian radio broadcaster. He is a former coach of the Australian National Rugby Union Team and rugby league coach and administrator. He has worked as a school teacher, a speech writer in the office of the Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser, and in musical theatre. He has a Bachelor of Arts from Queensland University, and completed a one-year teaching diploma at Worcester College, Oxford. He has received civil and industry awards.
- Alan Jones was a Welsh cricketer, who played for Glamorgan for almost a quarter of a century. He also played, for a single season each, with Western Australia, Natal and Northern Transvaal.
- Alan Jones is a film critic, broadcaster and reporter on the Horror Fantasy genre and has travelled the world to report on movies in production. His first assignment was the original Star Wars in 1977, after which he became London correspondent for Cinefantastique magazine and reviewed for British magazine Starburst from 1980 until 2008. A film critic for Film Review and Radio Times, he has made contributions to the Radio Times Guide to Films, the Radio Times Guide to Science Fiction and Halliwell's Film Guide. He has also served as film critic for BBC News 24, Front Row on BBC Radio 4, and on Sky News programme Sunrise. He has worked for many of the long-established cinema magazines – Empire, Premiere and Total Film, an article in which – The Splat Pack – is credited for the first use of a term that is now part of film industry jargon.
- born in (83 years ago)
- written works: "The Jaysh Al-Tawshih of Lisan Al-Din Ibn Al-Khatib", "The School of Love", "Art Dealers The", "Seasons of Grace", "Profondo Argento", "Observation systems", "Chart File 1983", "Romantic Sketchbook for Piano", "Speedway in Leicester", "Die erfolgreiche Gehaltsverhandlung", "How to Build a Successful Career", "Reimagining Christianity", "After the miners' strike--what next?", "Winning at Interview", "Fantaisies", "University Lectures in Islamic Studies", "A Miscellany of Dances", "An Enchanted Journey", "Tatiara", "Arabic Through the Qur'an", "Practical Skills in Chemistry", "Basic Chemistry for Nurses", "Jury Service", "Sea Like a Mirror", "Early Arabic Poetry", "Living World (Brainwaves Series)", "Nelson Modular Science Foundation Book 2 Edexcel", "Specials!: Science", "Raman spectroscopic studies of ethyl alcohol", "Rough Guide to Horror Movies"
- Alan Jones: Alan Montgomery Jones is an architect and academic, and a member of the RSUA Council from 1998 to 2006 and 2007 to the present. From 2002 to 2006 he was a Vice President of the RSUA, in charge of its foundation wing. From 2001 to 2002 he was Hon. Vice President of the RIBA. He has served as a judge for RIBA and RSUA awards and the prestigious Scottish RIAS Andrew Doolan Prize. His own work has been awarded several times. In May 2012 he became the President of the Royal Society of Ulster Architects for 2012-14.
- born on (51 years ago)
- education: Queen's University Belfast
- profession: Architect
- Alan Jones is a drummer who was nominated for Traditional Jazz Album of the Year in Juno Awards of 2006.
- born in (54 years ago) in Longview
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Drummer, educator, jazz musician
- album: "Let Me Tell You About My Day"
- nomination: - nominated to Juno Award for Traditional Jazz Album of the Year - "Let Me Tell You About My Day", with Rodney Whitaker & Phil Dwyer
- official website: www.alanjonesmusic.com
- Alan Jones is a former professional footballer, who played for Huddersfield Town, Halifax Town, Chesterfield, Lincoln City, Bradford City, Rochdale and also in the United States for the Columbus Magic. He was born in Grimethorpe, South Yorkshire.
- Alan Jones is a former Welsh footballer who played during the 1960s and 1970s as a central defender.
- Alan Jones: David Alan Jones is a retired British diplomat who was High Commissioner to Sierra Leone during the British military intervention in the Sierra Leone Civil War.
- born on (62 years ago)
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Diplomat
- Alan Jones is a bassist.
- Alan Jones: Alan Lewis Jones is a former Welsh cricketer. Jones was a left-handed batsman. He was born at Alltwen, Glamorgan. Because his cricket career coincided largely with that of a different Alan Jones, also an opening batsman for Glamorgan but of longer standing and greater prominence, he was generally known by his full name of "Alan Lewis Jones".
- born on (58 years ago)
- Alan Jones was a cinematographer.
- Alan Jones a.k.a. Alan A. Jones: Alan Anthony Jones was an American professor of chemistry at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts. During his more than thirty years at Clark he served as a mentor and advisor to hundreds of undergraduate, graduate and post-doctoral students. He was a leading researcher in the field of NMR and polymer physics. His research focused on solid state NMR spectroscopy of polymer systems. This work was supported for many years through grants from agencies such as the National Science Foundation, Petroleum Research Fund and the Army Research Office.
- read more about Alan A. Jones
- Alan Jones is a musical artist.
- Alan Jones a.k.a. Aldo Greci is a cinematographer.
- read more about Aldo Greci
- Alan Jones is a TV and film editor.
- profession: Film editor, television editor
- nomination: - nominated to British Academy Television Craft Award for Best Editing - Fiction - "The Politician's Wife"
- Alan Jones is a cinematographer.
- profession: Cinematographer
- Alan Jones is a DJ and a musical artist.
- read more about Alan Jones (musical artist)
- Alan Jones was the Managing Director of Apollo Chemicals Limited.
- also known as Alan Edward Jones
- born in (72 years ago)
- nationality: United Kingdom
- Alan Jones is a film producer.
- profession: Film producer
- Alan Jones is a film score composer and film editor.
- profession: Film editor, film score composer
- Alan Jones is Danny Jones's father.
- Alan Jones is a nominee in the 23rd Gemini Award for Best Lifestyle/Practical Information Segment.
- Alan Jones is a film score composer.
- profession: Film score composer
- Alan Jones a.k.a. Allan H. Jones is a film art director and production designer.
- read more about Allan H. Jones
Alan Jones is a fictional character from the 2012 film No Warranty.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Jones
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Sex, Freedom and Misogyny by Anna Goldsworthy
Alan Jones is a firstworldproblem. The internettroll is afirstworld problem.
by Jessica Kuper
Goethals, George W Gogel, Walter Goode, Erich Grunebaum, Henry Gutheil, Thomas G Hampson, Sarah E Hargreaves, David J Harrington, David M Heaven, Patrick C L Hemsley, David R Herbert, Martin Herriot, Peter Howells, Kevin Hudson, Liam Ingleby, David Jahoda, Marie Jones, Alan Jones, Edward E Jones, Maxwell Kendall, Philip C Kimmel, HD Kline, Paul Dept of Psychiatry, Harvard University Dept of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara Dept of Sociology, ...
Henry Alan Jones. ♥ If either parent has remarried, it may be wise 24.
The 1980s and 1990s were also a fertile period for spiritual directors such as Henri Nouwen, Alan Jones, and David Benner, who advanced the integration of spiritual formation and psychology. Evangelicals (such as Gary Collins, Mary Stewart Van Leeuwen, Larry Crabb, and Siang Yang Tan) also offered numerous integrative models of psychology and Christian faith during this time. Contemporary Christian approaches to the formal discipline of psychology have been grouped into ...
by Fred Metcalf
Alan Jones, Australian rugby player, coach and broadcaster Victory goes ...
by Adam Kuper
Alan Jones, Analytical Services Division, Dept of Social Security, UK. Edward E. Jones, formerly, Princeton University, NJ, USA. Grant Jordan, University of Aherdeen, UK. P. E. de Josselin de Jong, University of Leiden, The Netherlands. Jasna Jovanovie, University of Illinois, Urhana- Champaign, IL, USA. Roger Jowell, Social & Community Planning Research, London, UK. P. N. Junankar, Australian National University, Canherra, Australia. Stephen Kalherg, Boston University, MA, ...
by John Kenneth Muir
Alan Jones ...
by Bruce E. Johansen
Jurgan Schmandt, Alan Jones, and Judith Clarkson, 28–43.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Jones
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alan Jones
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Alan Jones
Photo credit: Music News Australia
- Alan Jones
Photo credit: bigmick
- Alan Jones "AJF1"
Photo credit: Monstar888
- Formula 5000 Brands Hatch - Alan Jones
Alan Jones driving the March Ford 751 in the Shellsport 5000 Race at Brands Hatch on the 25th August 1975
Photo credit: ashfordjohn
- Alan Jones's Williams
Photo credit: Ben Sutherland
- Bridge (Alan Jones 1965-)
Photo credit: bigyahu
- Jeremy Buckingham & Broadcaster Alan Jones
Greens MP Jeremy Buckingham & Broadcaster Alan Jones after a CSG rally in Bowral
Photo credit: Jeremy Buckingham MLC
- Alan Jones Bluepulse
Photo credit: bigmick
- Alan Jones in Grace Cathedral (Easter Service)
Photo credit: SF Brit
- Broadcaster Alan Jones address the Bowral crowd
Broadcaster Alan Jones addresses the crowd. Over 1,000 people rallied in Bowral to oppose coal and coal seam gas in the Southern Highlands of NSW.
Photo credit: Jeremy Buckingham MLC
Anagrams of ALAN JONES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alan Jones!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alan Jones to see it in context!