On this page:
- Alan Knight: Alan Edward Knight MBE is a former English footballer turned manager. He holds the record for the most appearances for a single club by a goalkeeper, having played 683 league games for Portsmouth between 1978 and 2000; this superseded Peter Bonetti's record of exactly 600 goalkeeping appearances for Chelsea. He helped Portsmouth to the 1992 FA Cup semi final which they lost on a penalty shootout to Liverpool.
- Alan Knight is a professor and researcher of Latin American history at Oxford University in England. His work has been recognized with several awards, including the Order of the Aztec Eagle from the Mexican government.
- also known as Alan Sydney Knight
- born on (69 years ago)
- education: PhD at University of Oxford, graduated in
- written works: "Latin America--what price the past?", "The Mexican Revolution", "U.S.-Mexican relations, 1910-1940", "British attitudes towards the Mexican Revolution", "The politics of the expropriation", "Reporting Hong Kong", "Popular organizations and political transformation in Mexico", "Cardenismo, juggernaut or jalopy?"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Humanities, US & Canada (Iberian & Latin American History)
- Alan Knight: The Most Reverend Alan John Knight CMG DD was a long serving Bishop of Guyana from 1937 until his death; and for much of that time Archbishop of the West Indies.
- born in (114 years ago)
- nationality: Guyana
- died on (36 years ago)
- Alan Knight: Alan David Knight is Head of the Graduate School of Journalism at University of Technology, Sydney. He is also an adjunct Professor at Griffith University, Honorary Research Fellow at the Centre of Asia Studies at Hong Kong University, a visiting professor at the University of Hong Kong and Emeritus Professor at Central Queensland University. He was head of journalism at the Queensland University of Technology from 2005 to 2009.
- born in (67 years ago)
- nationality: Australia
- Alan Knight: Alan "The Tooth Fariy" Knight is a semi-pro boxer from Orlando, Florida. With 70 fights under his belt, Alan is only 18 years old. He has been boxing for almost half of his life. Born with asthma, Alan has shown the qualities of a true champion overcoming numerous obstacles in his career. In 2006, one week before the biggest tournament of his life, Alan lost his mother. After the terrible loss he still chose to compete. After four straight days of fighting, Alan was victorious and won the Ringside World Championship! Alan has won and has also competed in: *Sunshine State Games Champion. Named "Outstanding Boxer of Tournament" US Mens Sate Champion. Named "Outstanding Boxer of Tournament" *Silver Gloves State champion and regional qualifier. *State PAL Champion and finalist *Junior Olympic Nationalist *US Mens regional Qualifier *US Championship Qualifier Alan teaches our kids class every Thursday at 4pm and the adult class Wednesday at 9am. He is available for private sessions. We are very fortunate to have Alan as a member of our team and we look forward to following his career in the future.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Knight
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Lines Drawn Upon the Water (2008)
First Nations and the Great Lakes Borders and Borderlands by Karl S. Hele
Alan Knight is an Anglican clergy and archivist for the 339 List of Contributors.
Australia and Asia (2013)
Cultural Transactions by Maryanne Dever
Alan Knight is a former Director of the Australian Centre for Independent Journalismand hasbeenajournalist for morethan twenty years. Hecurrently teachesat theUniversity of Technology, Sydney, and is completing a study of Australian foreign ...
by David W. Dent
Alan Knight, " Race, Revolution, and Indigenismo: Mexico, 1910-1940," in Richard Graham, ed. , ...
by Michael Werner
— ALAN KNIGHT ...
by Sabine Haenni, Sarah Barrow, John White
See Marjorie Becker, Setting the Virgin on Fire: Lázaro Cárdenas, Michoacán Peasants, and the Redemption of the Mexican Revolution, Berkeley, University of California Press, 1995; Alan Knight, 'Weapons and Arches in the Mexican ...
by Cathal J. Nolan
Alan Knight, The Mexican Revolution, 2 vols.
by Jean-Charles Seigneuret
In the fifteenth century, and perhaps somewhat earlier, a kind of play developed in France called sottie, a type of allegorical farce in which "the traditional virtues are rejected by everyone, because it is the only way to survive" (Alan Knight, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Knight
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alan Knight
Seascale 81 photo by Alan Knight
Canon A1 , FD f1.8 50mm lens , think the old Canon ( state of the art then ! ) only packed up in 2003 ! . 3 40's in one day -superb !
Photo credit: norbet1
Quotes about Alan Knight
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Alan Knight"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alan Knight to see it in context!