On this page:
- Alan Marshall a.k.a. Donald E. Westlake: Donald Edwin Westlake was an American writer, with over a hundred novels and non-fiction books to his credit. He specialized in crime fiction, especially comic capers, with an occasional foray into science fiction or other genres. He was a three-time Edgar Award winner, one of only three writers to win Edgars in three different categories. In 1993, the Mystery Writers of America named Westlake a Grand Master, the highest honor bestowed by the society.
- read more about Donald E. Westlake (novelist)
- Alan Marshall a.k.a. Alan Marshal was an Australian-born actor who co-starred with Marlene Dietrich, Irene Dunne, Greta Garbo, Ginger Rogers, and Mae West.
- read more about Alan Marshal (actor)
- Alan Marshall, was an Australian writer, story teller, humanist and social documenter.
- Alan Marshall is a British film producer.
- also known as Маршалл, Алан
- born on (77 years ago) in London
- nationality: United Kingdom
- profession: Film producer
- films produced:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy - "Bugsy Malone"
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Picture - "Midnight Express", with David Puttnam
- nominated to Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Drama - "Midnight Express"
- Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Drama - "Midnight Express"
- nominated to Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy - "Fame"
- nominated to Razzie Award for Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel - "Showgirls" (for the category: WORST REMAKE or SEQUEL, remake of both All About Eve and The Lonely Lady), with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, United Artists, Robert Evans
- nominated to Razzie Award for Worst Picture - "Showgirls", with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, United Artists, Charles Evans
- Razzie Award for Worst Picture - "Showgirls", with Charles Evans, United Artists, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Alan Marshall is a New Zealand-born author and scholar working within the discipline of environmental studies. He has been noted as a key scholar in the field of environmental ethics. For his work in environmental scholarship, the University of Wollongong awarded Alan Marshall a doctorate degree. Marshall has worked as an international researcher in institutes and universities all around Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region. For example, he's held research positions at NIREX, IAS-STS, KUSTAR, Presov University, Mahidol University, and Curtin University of Technology.
- born in (59 years ago)
- written works: "The unity of nature", "For Black Men Only", "The Strange Death of Edmund Godfrey", "School Technology in Action", "The Generation X Relocation Guide", "Men and Birds of Paradise", "America's Best College Towns", "The Age of Faction", "Changing the word", "Impressions de Marius Audin", "The Seduction of Ministry", "Brothers Beware", "Oliver Cromwell"
- Alan Marshall a.k.a. Jock Marshall: Alan John "Jock" Marshall was an Australian writer, academic and ornithologist.
- read more about Jock Marshall
- Alan Marshall a.k.a. Alan G. Marshall is an American analytical chemist who has devoted his scientific career to developing a scientific technique known as Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry, which he co-invented. He was born in Bluffton, Ohio, in 1944, and earned his Bachelor's in Chemistry from Northwestern University and Ph.D. in Chemistry from Stanford University. His first academic appointment was at the University of British Columbia. In 1980, he moved to the Ohio State University where he remained until 1993. He is the Robert O. Lawton Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Florida State University and Director of the Ion Cyclotron Resonance Program at the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory. He is a fellow of the American Chemical Society, American Physical Society, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and has received numerous awards, including the 2007 Chemical Pioneer Award, given by the American Institute of Chemists; the 2012 William H. Nichols Medal, given by the New York Section of the American Chemical Society; and the 2012 Pittsburgh Analytical Chemistry Award, given by the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh.
- read more about Alan G. Marshall
- Alan Marshall: Alan George Marshall played first-class cricket for Somerset between 1914 and 1931. He was born at Chennai, India, then called Madras, and died at Pettistree, Woodbridge, Suffolk. The date of his death is recorded in his obituary in Wisden Cricketers' Almanack as 14 March 1973 and his first name in that reference is spelled "Allan".
- Alan Marshall is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Alan Marshall (actor)
Alan Marshall is a fictional film character.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alan Marshall
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Population and Society (2013)
by Clare Holdsworth, Nissa Finney, Alan Marshall, Paul Norman
Alan Marshall is a Research Associate based at the Cathie Marsh Centre for Census and Survey Research ...
by James Michael Welsh, Donald M. Whaley
PRODUCERS: Alan Marshall and David Puttnam. PHOTOGRAPHY: Michael Seresin. EDITING: Gerry Hambling. MUSIC: Giorgio Moroder.
by John Kenneth Muir
Produced by: David De Silva, Alan Marshall. Directed by: Alan Parker. M.P.A.A. Rating: R. Running time: 1 34 minutes. Originallv known as Hot Lunch and featuring music by Michael Gore, Alan Parker's buoyant musical (with a screenplay by ...
Supernatural and Science Fiction Elements in Novels, Pulps, Comics, Film, Television, Games and Other Media by Paul Green
Evan Marshall, Dominic Purcell as Victor Alan Marshall, Emma Booth as Liese Wollner, Laszlo Matray as Karl Wollner, Joy McBrinn as Mrs. Wollner, Michael Fassbinder as Richard Wirth; Executive Producers: Scott Niemeyer, Eli Richbourg, ...
by James Stuart Olson
Rieber, Printing Technology, 1996; Alan Marshall, Changing the Words: The Printing Industry in Transition, 1985; ...
Fourth edition by Brian McFarlane
Prod: Alan Marshall) technical prize: Insignificance (Nicolas ...
by Melissa U. D. Goldsmith, Paige A. Willson, Anthony J. Fonseca
Director: Alan Parker Screenplay: Christopher Gore proDucerS: David De Silva, Alan Marshall; Director of photography: Michael Seresin; eDitor: Gerry ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Marshall
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Alan Marshall
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alan Marshall to see it in context!