On this page:
- Alan Phillips is a South African retired badminton and baseball player. He won the national badminton championship 27 times, more than any other player. Phillips also played for the South African national baseball team in the 2000 Summer Olympics. As of October 2012, Phillips serves as a baseball coach.
- Alan Phillips: Alan John Phillips is a former Wales international rugby union player. A hooker, he played his club rugby for Cardiff RFC his modern game of forward play being so impressive that Cardiff selectors played him straight out of youth rugby. Phillips scored 162 tries in 481 appearances for Cardiff RFC. He toured South Africa with the British and Irish Lions in 1980 and was in the Wales squad for the 1987 Rugby World Cup. He won 18 caps for Wales between 1979 - 1987.
- born on (61 years ago) in Wales
- Alan Phillips is an author.
- born in (101 years ago)
- written works: "Best in Lobby Design", "Around-the-World Cruising Guide", "Diseno de Parques, de Negocios, Oficinas y Centros", "Into the 20th century, 1900/1910", "Sixty Years of Leeds Bradford Airport", "Arquitectura Industrial - Espana", "The Best in Mixed-Use Development Design", "Who Built That?", "Stop Howard Cosell", "Lo Mejor de La Arquitectura Recreativa", "Chess Teacher", "The Best in Leisure and Public Architecture", "The Best in Science, Office and Business Park Design", "Jazz Improvisation and Harmony", "Best in Industrial Architecture, the", "The Best in Office Interior Design", "Some Monasteries of Yorkshire"
- Alan Phillips was a chess master who won the British Chess Championship in 1954, along with Leonard Barden. He was one of the stars in the Stockport Grammar School chess club started by Richard K. Guy in 1939. After WWII, he studied at University of Cambridge, where he tied with Peter Swinnerton-Dyer for the university chess championship.
- born on (92 years ago)
- education: University of Cambridge
- died on (6 years ago)
There are other people with in their name, like Thom Alan Phillips.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Phillips
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Geoffrey Clough Ainsworth
Pezizales Alan Phillips (Universidade Nova de Lisboa), Botryosphaeriales Martina Réblová (Czech Academy of Sciences, Pr honice), Calosphaeriales, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Phillips
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alan Phillips to find many related words and phrases!