On this page:
Who is Alan Plater?
Alan Plater: Alan Frederick Plater CBE FRSL was an English playwright and screenwriter, who worked extensively in British television from the 1960s to the 2000s.
- also known as Alan Frederick Plater, Alan Frederick Plater CBE FRSL
- born on (80 years ago) in Jarrow
- nationality: England
- profession: Screenwriter, playwright, writer
- died on (5 years ago) in London of cancer
- written works: "Doggin' Around", "And a little love besides", "Oliver's travels", "Misterioso", "You and me", "Beiderbecke Tapes", "Close the coalhouse door", "Going Home", "Annie Kenney", "Fosdyke Saga", "The trouble with abracadabra", "Sweet Sorrow", "Peggy For You"
- films written:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Edgar Awards for Best Television Feature/Mini-Series Teleplay - "Deadheads" (Series: Dalziel & Pascoe)
- nominated to Edgar Awards for Best Television Feature/Mini-Series Teleplay - "Bones and Silence (1)"
- nominated to Laurence Olivier Award for Best New Comedy - "Peggy For You"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Plater
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Alan Burton
A Very British Coup was initially planned as a feature film but was, perhaps helpfully, realized as a three-part series for television in 1988, scripted by the talented Alan Plater and broadcast on Channel 4 Television. Following the revelations of ...
by Colin Larkin
Michael Newman, Pete Nickols, Lyndon Noon, Zbigniew Nowara, James Nye, Ken Orton, Ian Peel, Dave Penny, Alan Plater, Barry Ralph, John Reed, Emma Rees, Jamie Renton, Lionel Robinson, Alan Rowett, Roy Sheridan, Dave Sissons, ...
by Christopher H. Sterling
Sue Townsend, Harold Pinter, Alan Ayckbourn, Alan Plater, Anthony Minghella, Angela Carter, Alan Bleasdale, Willy Russell,and LouisMacNeiceare afew other ...
by Colin Larkin
Nick Morgan,Michael Newman,Pete Nickols, Lyndon Noon, Zbigniew Nowara, JamesNye, KenOrton, IanPeel, Dave Penny,Alan Plater, BarryRalph, John Reed, EmmaRees, Lionel Robinson, Johnny Rogan, Alan Rowett, Jean Scrivener, ...
by Roberta Pearson, Philip Simpson
Armchair Theatre, The Wednesday Play, Play for Today, Newman encouraged such writers and producers as John Mortimer, Harold Pinter, Dennis Potter, Simon Raven, Jim Allen, Alan Plater, Ken Loach, Tony Garnett, Philip Saville, James ...
by Lawrence Goldman
Alan Plater, David Hare, Christopher Hampton, Julian Mitchell, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Plater
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alan Plater for some fun with words!