On this page:
- Alan Ross: Alan John Ross, was a British poet, writer and editor. He was born in Calcutta, India, where he spent the first seven years of his life. When he was sent to be educated in Falmouth, England, Ross spoke better Hindustani than English.
- born on (93 years ago) in Kolkata
- nationality: United Kingdom, India
- education: St John's College, Oxford
- died on (14 years ago)
- written works: "Colours of war", "The forties", "Ranji", "Cape summer and the Australians in England", "North from Sicily", "Through the Caribbean", "Living in London", "The Taj Express", "West Indies at Lord's", "Coastwise lights", "Tropical ice", "Poems, 1942-67", "Reflections on blue water", "Poetry, 1945-1950", "A castle in Sicily", "The derelict day", "Something of the sea", "To whom it may concern", "Time was away", "Open sea", "South to Sardinia", "The emissary", "Blindfold games", "African negatives", "Australia 63", "Australia 55", "The gulf of pleasure", "Winter sea", "Death Valley, and other poems in America"
- Alan Ross: James Allan Ross was a Scottish professional football goalkeeper who played most of his career for Carlisle United.
- born on (73 years ago)
- died in (17 years ago)
- Alan Ross a.k.a. Alan Rossett is an actor.
- read more about Alan Rossett (actor)
- Alan Ross, is an English footballer who played as a goalkeeper in the Football League.
There are other people with in their name, like Alan Ross Anderson.
Alan Ross is a feed person.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Ross
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by T.J. Carty
HIPPONAX Joseph Rupert Paxton ROSICRUCIUS Thomas Frognall Dibdin ROSICRUX William Butler Yeats ROSS, ADRIAN Arthur Reed Ropes ROSS, ALAN Alan Ross Warwick ROSS, ALBERT Linn Boyd Porter ROSS, ANGUS Kenneth ...
Encyclopedia of Television (2014)
by Horace Newcomb, Lambdin Kay Distinguished Professor for the Peabody Awards Horace Newcomb
Television: The Ephemeral Art, London: Alan Ross, 1970 The career ...
The Encyclopedia of Wood (2011)
by U.S. Department of Agriculture
Civil Engineering Department Washington State University Pullman, Washington Redwood Inspection Service Mill Valley, California Alan Ross KopCoat Inc. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Thomas Searles AmericanLumber Standards Committee ...
by Richard Kostelanetz
Alan Ross. New York: Farrar, Straus, 1957, Nathanael West. New York: Library of America, 1997. [This last contains not only the four novels but previously uncollected shorter pieces and selected literary correspondence.] Biography: Martin ...
Accountability to Associcao Brasileira De Escolas De Biblioteconomia E Documentacao by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour
Alan Ross ANDERSON AMERICAN ANTIQUARIAN SOCIETY The American Antiquarian Society had its origin AMBIGUITY 218.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Ross
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alan Ross
Alan Ross does a little speech
Rather a decent one, too. He was possibly the only person to have worked for Pennine Radio, Pennine FM and The Pulse in a senior role.
Photo credit: James Cridland
Anagrams of ALAN ROSS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alan Ross!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alan Ross to find many related words and phrases!