On this page:
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Sidney Lumet: Sidney Arthur Lumet was an American director, producer and screenwriter with over 50 films to his credit. He was nominated for the Academy Award as Best Director for 12 Angry Men, Dog Day Afternoon, Network and The Verdict. He did not win an individual Academy Award, but he did receive an Academy Honorary Award and 14 of his films were nominated for various Oscars, such as Network, which was nominated for ten, winning four.
- read more about Sidney Lumet (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. John Frankenheimer: John Michael Frankenheimer was an American film and television director known for social dramas and action/suspense films. Among his credits were Birdman of Alcatraz, The Manchurian Candidate, Seven Days in May, The Train, Seconds, Grand Prix, French Connection II, Black Sunday, and Ronin.
- read more about John Frankenheimer (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Mary Lambert is an American film director. She has directed music videos, television episodes, and feature films, mainly in the horror genre.
- read more about Mary Lambert (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Arthur Hiller, OC is a Canadian television and film director, having directed over 33 major films during his 50-year career. He began his career directing television in Canada and later in the U.S. By the late 1950s he began directing films, most often comedies. He also directed award-winning dramas and romantic subjects, such as Love Story, which was nominated for seven Oscars.
- read more about Arthur Hiller (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Stuart Rosenberg was a film director, television director and film producer.
- read more about Stuart Rosenberg
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Rick Rosenthal: Richard L. "Rick" Rosenthal, Jr. is an American film and television director, known for directing episodes of many popular TV series, as well as the films Halloween II and Halloween: Resurrection. He is also a producer, actor, and writer.
- read more about Rick Rosenthal (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. John McNaughton is an American film and television director, originally from Chicago, Illinois.
- read more about John McNaughton (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Kevin Yagher is a special effects technician, known for Freddy Krueger's makeup and the Crypt Keeper creature.
- read more about Kevin Yagher
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Joaquín Oristrell is a Catalan film director and screenwriter.
- read more about Joaquín Oristrell (actor)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Richard C. Sarafian: Richard Caspar Sarafian was an American TV and film director and actor. He compiled a versatile career that spanned over five decades as a director, actor, and writer. He is best known as the director of the 1971 film Vanishing Point.
- read more about Richard C. Sarafian (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Kirk Wong is a Hong Kong film director and actor. Wong is perhaps best known for directing the 1998 action comedy film The Big Hit.
- read more about Kirk Wong (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Michael Gottlieb: Michael Bernard Gottlieb was an American film director, screenwriter and video game producer. His brother was Carl Gottlieb of Jaws fame.
- read more about Michael Gottlieb (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Paul Aaron is a screenwriter, film director and producer.
- read more about Paul Aaron (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Stephan Wagner is a screenwriter, film editor, film and television producer and director.
- read more about Stephan Wagner (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Terry Winsor is a British film director who has worked with such stars as Richard Harris, Sean Bean and Tom Wilkinson. He has directed a fair amount of films, TV programs and even a game, for a full list see below, which has led to a reasonable amount of success within the world of film.
- read more about Terry Winsor (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Yvan Gauthier is a film editor, producer and director.
- read more about Yvan Gauthier (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Lee Madden was a film director, writer and film producer.
- read more about Lee Madden (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Robert Crombie is a film director,producer and screenwriter.
- read more about Robert Crombie
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Michael Toshiyuki Uno is an American film and television director, credited with directing television programs such as Alfred Hitchcock Presents, China Beach, The Outsiders, Early Edition, and Dawson's Creek.
- read more about Michael Toshiyuki Uno (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Art Leonardi is a film director, television director and producer.
- read more about Art Leonardi (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Gianni Bozzacchi is a film producer and screenwriter.
- read more about Gianni Bozzacchi (film director)
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Dean Tschetter is a film art director, a production designer, art director and a screenwriter.
- read more about Dean Tschetter
- Alan Smithee a.k.a. Germán Magariños is an Argentine film director, film producer, screenwriter, bassist and sometimes actor.
- read more about Germán Magariños (film director)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Smithee
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Companion to Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
Alan Smithee is a specialist in medical radiology. Beth Shope is raising a family in Switzerland and working on a fantasy novel. Barbara Schnell is a German photojournalist and novelist, who also did the (excellent) German translation of ...
The Word It Book (2007)
Speak Up Presents a Gallery of Interpreted Words by Bryony Gomez-Palacio, Armin Vit
SM: Alan Smithee is a pseudonym used by Hollywood film directors who wish to be detached from a film for which they no longer want credit. l used that name as a clue— designers often being film buffs— to say, "Yes! lt's a pseudonym!" (More ...
by Robert Blumenfeld
Alan Smithee film A motion picture that the director does not wish to be associated with; the obligatory directorial credit therefore reads "directed by Alan Smithee." alarums and excursions Hist. Military action: an Elizabethan stage direction.
by Thomas S. Hischak
Avildsen Ziggy Steinberg Alan Smithee (aka Gianni Bozzacchi) Mike Hodges (UK) Gary Goddard John G. Avildsen Charles ...
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
Morgan Stewart's Coming Home(87 , Alan Smithee, Paul Aaron); Getting It Right(89, Randal Kleiser); Midnight (89, ...
by Vincent Terrace
the fashion reviewer Larry Linville Executive producer: Leonard Goldberg Producer: Michelle Rappaport, Jennifer Miller, John Ziffren Director: Harry Winer, Arthur Allan Siedelman, Ralph Senensky, Alan Smithee, Edward Parone, Leo Penn ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
D: Alan Smithee SCR: Petet Atkins, from characters created by Clive Barker PHOTOG: Gerry Lively MUSIC: Daniel Licht Standard ...
The Encyclopedia of Fantasy (1999)
by John Clute, John Grant
Norton, Gerard Oswald, Alan Smithee, David Steinberg, Jeannot Szwarc, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Smithee
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of ALAN SMITHEE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alan Smithee!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alan Smithee to see it in context!