On this page:
- Alan Watson: W. A. J. Watson is a Scottish law and legal history expert, and is regarded as one of the world's foremost authorities on Roman law, comparative law, legal history, and law and religion. He is credited for coining the term "legal transplants".
- born in (83 years ago) in Edinburgh
- nationality: United States of America, Scotland
- education: University of Glasgow
- Marriage with Camilla Watson
- written works: "Roman slave law", "International law in archaic Rome", "Contract of mandate in Roman law", "Failures of the legal imagination", "The trial of Stephen", "The trial of Jesus", "The law of property in the later Roman Republic", "The Germans Who Are They Now?", "The law of obligations in the later Roman Republic", "Legal origins and legal change", "Slave law in the Americas", "Cultured Mussel Cookbook", "The nature of law", "The evolution of Western private law", "The law of persons in the later Roman Republic", "Ancient law and modern understanding", "Jesus and the law", "Law making in the later Roman Republic", "The making of the civil law", "Sources of law, legal change, and ambiguity", "Society and legal change", "Europe at risk", "Rome of the XII Tables", "Studies in Roman private law", "Law out of context", "Legal transplants", "The law of the ancient Romans", "Roman private law around 200 B.C", "The state, law, and religion", "Roman law & comparative law", "Smart Cats Investment Guide", "The law of succession in the later Roman Republic", "The shame of American legal education", "21 Days to a Healthy Heart", "Joseph Story and the comity of errors", "Legal History & A Common Law for Europe", "The spirit of Roman law", "Jamestown"
- official website: www.alanwatson.org
- Alan Watson is a magician living and performing in Auckland, New Zealand. He has been performing professionally for more than 30 years and has won some of magic's highest awards and accolades. He is the current President of the Brotherhood of Auckland Magicians.
- Alan Watson is an American Football running back for the Columbia Lions.
- Alan Watson is a musician.
- profession: Musician, saxophonist, singer
- member of musical group Georgie Fame & The Blue Flames between and
There are other people with in their name, like Alan Watson West Cilento.
Alan Watson is an organization founder.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alan Watson
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Aloe Vera (2003)
Nature's Silent Healer by Alasdair Barcroft, Audun Myskja
Alan Watson, chartered physiotherapist Founder of the Bimal Clinic, London (see Appendix 1.3 for full contact details), Alan Watson is a state registered and chartered physiotherapist who specialises in the management of chronic injuries of ...
An Encyclopedia by Daina Ramey Berry Ph.D., Deleso A. Alford
Alan Watson, “The Origins ofthe Code Noir Revisited,” Tulane Law Review 71, 34 (1997); William M. Wiecek , ...
by David Levinson
Alan Watson, the scholar of Roman law, attacked the problem using reason. Logically, if a new customary law is to come into being, then an old law on the subject must somehow disappear. For the old law to succumb through lack of use by ...
American and Global Perspectives by David S. Clark
Alan Watson popularized the term in 1974 in a book that used transplants as a tool for understanding legal history and described transplants historically as the principal source of legal change. However, the transplant process also has many ...
by William L. Richter
Morris, Southern Slavery and the Law; Alan Watson, Slave Law in the Americas; Mark V. Tushnet, The American Law of Slavery, 1810—I860; and William Goodell ...
by Ed 3rd, Europa
org/treesforlife; Dir: Alan Watson Featherstone; Field Officer: Adam Powell; f 1987; conducts practical conservation work for the regeneration of the Caledonian Forest in Scotland; operates a volunteer programme; ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
El Richard Gordon D: Antony Balch STORY: Antony Balch & Alan Watson PHQTOG: David McDonald MUSIC: De Wolfe A.k.a. Computer Killers Standard horror-comedy: Songwriter saves ...
by Peter Newman
Alan Watson, 4 vols, Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press. Roman law in the Roman Republic and Empire Buckland, W.W. 362 Roman law.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alan Watson
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Alan Watson
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'alan watson"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alan Watson to see it in context!