On this page:
- Definition of the adjective alarmed
- Definition of the verb alarmed
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alarmed
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alarmed
- Photo about Alarmed
- Quotes about Alarmed
- Scrabble value of A1L1A1R1M3E1D2
- Anagrams of ALARMED
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective alarmed
What does alarmed mean as an attribute of a noun?
- experiencing a sudden sense of danger
- examples: We were alarmed at her cry. | The city was alarmed by the earthquake. | I am alarmed by your irresponsible attitude. | He was alarmed by the explosion. | They were alarmed at the news. | Her ceaseless caterwauling alarmed every dog within a 500-foot radius. | Tom certainly didn't sound alarmed. | Don't be alarmed. | Tom looked alarmed. | Tom looks alarmed.
- similar: afraid
Alternative definition of the adjective alarmed
- Having an alarm fitted.
- Worried; anxious; panicky.
Definition of the verb alarmed
What does alarmed mean as a doing word?
- past of alarm
"Alarmed" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music by Lost Weight
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alarmed
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sally-Anne Lambert
' Starting ' / Startling / Sudden / Shocked / Alarmed whiti [fiti -to bounce, to bounce off or .1g.unst, no spring] ' Starting ' / Taking alarm puoho [oso - to jump, to leap (as, physically, or of heart or ...
Accompanied by a Reversed Dictionary, English and Hindustani by Duncan Forbes
Jse fears bihbal, agitated, alarmed, overcome with fear ...
by Martin Manser
alarmed adj 1 frightened: Alarmed guests were ...
o verb: alarms, alarming, alarmed 1 Something alarms you if it frightens you or makes you anxious: The slightest noise or movement seemed to alarm him. 2 To alarm a building or vehicle is to fit it with an alarm, which operates if anyone tries ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alarmed
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alarmed
hit 'L' for big loomyness
Photo credit: lupinehorror
Quotes about Alarmed
Scrabble value of A1L1A1R1M3E1D2
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALARMED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alarmed!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alarmed to see it in context!