On this page:
Definition of the noun alaska cod
What does alaska cod mean as a name of something?
- closely related to Atlantic cod
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Gadus auratus / species Gadus auratus / Gadus brandtii / species Gadus brandtii / Gadus callarias macrocephalus / subspecies Gadus callarias macrocephalus / Gadus morhua macrocephalus / subspecies Gadus morhua macrocephalus / Gadus pygmaeus / species Gadus pygmaeus / Gadus macrocephalus
- synonym of Alaska cod: Pacific cod
- more generic words: cod / codfish = major food fish of Arctic and cold-temperate waters
- geographic area: East Pacific, Indo-West Pacific
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alaska cod
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
5e Edition by OECD
Smoked: pieces of fillet, brined, drained, dyed and hot-smoked on trays; also called KIPPERED BLACK COD, BARBECUED ALASKA COD. Salted: headed, gutted, split and boned, or filleted, dredged in salt and picklecured before packing in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alaska cod
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alaska cod
Click on an item to view that photo:
Ivar's Holiday Lunch: Alaska Cod Fish and Chips
Photo credit: JoeInSouthernCA
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alaska cod to find many related words and phrases!