On this page:
- Definition of the noun albanian
- Definition of the adjective albanian
- Phrases with Albanian
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albanian
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albanian
- Photos about Albanian
- Quotes about Albanian
- Scrabble value of A1L1B3A1N1I1A1N1
- Anagrams of ALBANIAN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun albanian
What does albanian mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Albanians
- a native or inhabitant of Albania
- the Indo-European language spoken by the people of Albania
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: Indo-European / Indo-European language / Indo-Hittite = the family of languages that by 1000 BC were spoken throughout Europe and in parts of southwestern and southern Asia
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun albanian
- A person from Albania or of Albanian descent.
- An inhabitant of Caucasian Albania. Udi people are descended from them.
- [context: central New York] Someone from the city of Albany, New York State.
Definition of the adjective albanian
What does albanian mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or relating to Albania or its people or language or culture
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Alternative definition of the adjective albanian
- Of, from, or pertaining to Albania, the Albanian people or the Albanian language.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Caucasian Albania, to its people or language.
- [context: central New York] of or from the city of Albany, New York State
- Albanian a.k.a. Albania, officially known as the Republic of Albania, is a country in Southeastern Europe. It is bordered by Montenegro to the northwest, Kosovo to the northeast, Macedonia to the east, and Greece to the south and southeast. It has a coast on the Adriatic Sea to the west and on the Ionian Sea to the southwest. It is less than 72 km from Italy, across the Strait of Otranto which links the Adriatic Sea to the Ionian Sea.
- also known as Republic of Albania
- founded on (102 years ago)
- part of Europe, Balkans, Eurasia, Balkan Peninsula
- instance of: Balkan country / Balkan nation / Balkan state = any one of the countries on the Balkan Peninsula
- member: Albanian = a native or inhabitant of Albania
- read more about Albania (country)
- Albanian a.k.a. The Kingdom of Albania was established by Charles of Anjou in the Albanian territory he conquered from the Despotate of Epirus in 1271. He took the title of "King of Albania" in February 1272. The kingdom extended from the region of Durrës south along the coast to Butrint. A major attempt to advance further in direction of Constantinople, failed at the Siege of Berat. A Byzantine counteroffensive soon ensued, which drove the Angevins out of the interior by 1281. The Sicilian Vespers further weakened the position of Charles, and the Kingdom was soon reduced by the Epirotes to a small area around Durrës. The Angevins held out here, however, until 1368, when the city was captured by Karl Thopia. In 1392 Karl Thopia's son surrendered the city and his domains to the Republic of Venice.
There are other places with in their name, like Albanian Riviera.
Albanian a.k.a. Albanian Airlines MAK Sh. p.k. was an airline based in Tirana, Albania. It operated scheduled international services. Its main hub was Tirana International Airport Nënë Tereza. On 11 November 2011 Albania’s Civil Aviation Authority revoked the license of Albanian Airlines.
- also known as 阿爾巴尼亞航空
- official website: www.albanianair.com
- Albanian a.k.a. Albanians are defined as an ethnic group native to Albania and neighboring countries. The term is also used sometimes to refer to the citizens of the Republic of Albania regardless of ethnicity. Ethnic Albanians speak the Albanian language and more than half of ethnic Albanians live in Albania and Kosovo. The Albanian diaspora also exists in a number of other countries.
- read more about Albanians
- Albanian a.k.a. Albanian language: Albanian is an Indo-European language spoken by approximately 7.6 million people, primarily in Albania, Kosovo, the Republic of Macedonia, and Greece, but also in other areas of Southeastern Europe in which there is an Albanian population, including Montenegro and the Preševo Valley of Serbia. Centuries-old communities speaking Albanian-based dialects can be found scattered in Greece, southern Italy, Sicily, and Ukraine. As a result of a modern diaspora, there are also Albanian speakers elsewhere in those countries as well as in other parts of the world, including Austria, Germany, Hungary, the Netherlands, the Scandinavian countries, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Turkey.
- also known as अल्बेनियन भाषा, 阿尔巴尼亚语
- Albanian is a language.
- Albanian a.k.a. Caucasian Albanian is an human language.
- read more about Caucasian Albanian
Phrases with Albanian
Phrases starting with the word Albanian:
Phrases ending with the word Albanian:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albanian
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Donald Haase
Albanian and Turkish tales have many parallels. Pashas and dervishes abound in an otherwise European context. Figures of Oriental legendry, such as Nasreddin Hodja and Sari Salltek, from Turkish San Saltuk, are well known in Albania, ...
by Robert Elsie
Albanian. Political. Parties. and. Organizations. Akademia e Shkencave e Republikës së Shqipërisë: Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Albania Aleanca për Shtetin: Alliance for the State Bashkimi për Demokraci: Union for Democracy ...
by United States. Immigration Commission (1907-1910), William Paul Dillingham
Albanian. Albanian on the south. It is this combination of " giantism " and hyper- brachycephaly, that makes the race physically distinct and seems to warrant Deniker in giving it a separate name, the "Adriatic " or " Dinaric." It resembles most the ...
by mr. dillingham
Albanian. Albanian on the south. It is this combination of "giantism" and hyper- brachycephaly, that makes the race physically distinct and seems to warrant Deniker in giving it a separate name, the "Adriatic" or " Dinaric." It resembles most the ...
Linguistic Type Albanian constitutes a single branch of the IndoEuropean family of languages. It is often held to be related to Illyrian, a poorly attested language spoken in the western Balkans in classical times, but this has not yet been proved ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albanian
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Albanian
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: a.hodus
- Buy albanian
Photo credit: Christel Øverland Preteni
- Albanian Happy Birthday Cake
Gezuar Ditelindjen Zelie translated into English means Happy Birthday. this was an uber chocolatey cake. The smell alone was amazing!!!
Photo credit: mmmm-cakes
- Albanian soldier.
Digital ID: 418054. Sherman, Augustus F. (Augustus Francis) -- Photographer. [ca. 1906-1914]
Source: William Williams papers / Photographs of immigrants (more info)
Repository: The New York Public Library. Manuscripts and Archives Division.
See more information about this image and others at NYPL Digital Gallery.
- Albanian flag
A nightly street demonstration in Tirana - Albania
Photo credit: quinet
- Albanian market
Albania - crazy cheap
Photo credit: quinet
- Khudavang albanian monastery
Khudavang caucasian albanian monastery in Kalbajar region of Azerbaijan republic. Right Arzu khatun church, left Hasan Jalal church. Built in VI-VII century.
Photo credit: Niyaz from Baku
- Green Albanian mounatins
Photo credit: Monika Kostera (urbanlegend)
- Albanian hillside
Much of Albania is reminscent of Italy
Photo credit: quinet
- Albanian woman
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- Albanian flag
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- Premier Albanian
Photo credit: hotspur_star
View more pictures about The Albanian.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Albanian
A day without work can yield a night without sleep.
more quotes about albanian...
Scrabble value of A1L1B3A1N1I1A1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALBANIAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Albanian!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Albanian to see it in context!