On this page:
- Albany is the state capital of New York and the seat of Albany County. Roughly 135 miles north of the City of New York, Albany sits on the west bank of the Hudson River, about 10 miles south of its confluence with the Mohawk River. The population of the City of Albany was 97,856 according to the 2010 census. Albany has close ties with the nearby cities of Troy, Schenectady, and Saratoga Springs, forming a region called the Capital District. The bulk of this area is made up of the Albany-Schenectady-Troy Metropolitan Statistical Area. The area's 2010 population was 870,716, the 4th largest MSA in New York and the 58th largest in the country.
- also known as Albany, NY; Albany, New York; Albany,New York; Albany County / Albany city; Albany [N.Y.
- part of Albany County, United States of America, New York
- touristic attractions:
- official website: www.albanyny.org
- Albany is a city, in and the county seat of Dougherty County, Georgia, United States, in the southwestern part of the state. It is the principal city of the Albany, Georgia metropolitan area and the southwest part of the state. The population was 77,434 at the 2010 U.S. Census, making it the eighth-largest city in Georgia.
- Albany is the county seat of Linn County, and the 11th largest city in the State of Oregon. Albany is located in the Willamette Valley at the confluence of the Calapooia River and the Willamette River in both Linn and Benton counties, just east of Corvallis and south of Salem. It is predominantly a farming and manufacturing city that settlers founded around 1848. As of the 2010 United States Census, the population of Albany was 50,158. Its population was estimated by the Portland Research Center to be 51,583 in 2013.
- Albany is a port city in the Great Southern region of Western Australia, 418 km SE of Perth, the state capital. Albany is the oldest permanently settled town in Western Australia, predating Perth and Fremantle by over two years. At the 2011 Census, Albany's population was 30,656, making it the state's sixth-largest population centre.
- also known as Albany, Western Australia
- part of Australia, Western Australia
- touristic attractions:
- Albany is a city in Alameda County, California, United States. The population was 18,539 at the 2010 census.
- Albany is a city in Shackelford County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,034 at the 2010 Census. It is the county seat of Shackelford County.
- Albany is a 4th-class city in Clinton County, Kentucky, in the United States. The population was 2,033 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Clinton County. It is located on U.S. Route 127, about 6 miles north of the Tennessee border.
- Albany is a city in Stearns County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 2,561 at the 2010 census. It is part of the St. Cloud Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Albany is a city in Gentry County, Missouri, United States. The population was 1,730 at the 2010 census.
- Albany a.k.a. Albany, Decatur: Albany, Alabama, also known as New Decatur, Alabama, was a city in Morgan County, Alabama, USA, situated immediately to the southeast of the city of Decatur near the Tennessee River. New Decatur/Albany existed as a city from 1887 until 1927, when it merged with the city of Decatur. Today, it exists as a neighborhood within the city of Decatur, and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- read more about Albany, Decatur
There are other places with in their name, like New Albany, West Albany, Stoke Albany, Albany Township, Albany Pine Bush, Albany Law School, Albany High School, The Albany Academy, New Albany Township, West Albany Township, Albany Rural Cemetery, Albany Medical College, New Albany High School, Albany State University, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albany (city)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Albany (city)
Click on an item to view that photo:
- New York State Museum, Albany NY
New York State Museum, Picture taken during the opening night of the Summer Concert Series - The Refrigerators - 6/30/10
Photo credit: PeteDz.
- Mural at the Albany, New York City Hall
The Capital District Tourism Gnome poses by one of the many murals at the Albany, New York City Hall.
Photo credit: Capital District, New York
Anagrams of ALBANY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Albany!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Albany to see it in context!