On this page:
Definition of the noun albatrellus ovinus
What does albatrellus ovinus mean as a name of something?
- a fungus with a whitish often circular cap and a white pore surface and small pores and a white central stalk; found under conifers; edible but not popular
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Albatrellus ovinus: sheep polypore
- more generic terms: polypore / pore fungus / pore mushroom = woody pore fungi; any fungus of the family Polyporaceae or family Boletaceae having the spore-bearing surface within tubes or pores
- member of: family Polyporaceae / Polyporaceae = fungi that become corky or woody with age, often forming shelflike growths on trees
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Albatrellus ovinus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Psychoactive Substances for Use in Sexual Practices by Christian Rätsch, Claudia Müller-Ebeling
Sheep polypore (Albatrellus ovinus [syn. Polyporus ovinus]), which grows on dead beech tree trunks, has fruiting bodies that swell like breasts and udders from the ...
by Burkhard Fugmann, Susanne Lang-Fugmann, Wolfgang Steglich
Albatrellus ovinus(Ba-sidiomycetes) and A. subrubescens.S. is responsible for the yellow color acquired by the mushroom after pressure injury or spotting with alkaline solutions. The non-pungent S. stimulates rat dorsal root ganglion neurons ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albatrellus ovinus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Albatrellus ovinus
If you need images about Albatrellus ovinus for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Albatrellus ovinus to find many related words and phrases!