On this page:
- Definition of the noun Albatros
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albatros
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albatros
- Photos about Albatros
- Video language resources about Albatros
- Scrabble value of A1L1B3A1T1R1O1S1
- Anagrams of ALBATROS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Albatros
What does Albatros mean as a name of something?
Albatros is a genus of Diomedeidae, described by Lesson in 1828.
- synonym: genus Albatros
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Procellariiformes
- family: Diomedeidae
- genus: Diomedea
Albatros is a musical group.
- album: "Africa"
"Albatros" is a musical album of Karat.
- released in (37 years ago)
"Albatros" is a 2011 history drama film written by Bratislav Petkovic and directed by Filip Colovic.
- starring: Dragan Nikolić as Gligorije Giga Gersic
- released on (4 years ago)
- The Albatros was an English automobile manufactured in Croft Road, Coventry and founded in 1922 by H.T.W. Manwaring. The origin of the name is reputed to be derived from a play on the name of one Albert Ross, who was Manwaring's mentor and boss earlier in his career.
- Albatros is a record label.
- Albatros is a publisher, author.
- The Albatros is a sailing ketch built in the Netherlands in 1899. Now used as a sail training vessel, she was the last sailing ship carrying commercial cargo in Europe.
- The Albatros was an American-owned ship which brought to W. Price Hunt, partner of the Pacific Fur Company, at its Astoria post, news of the outbreak of the War of 1812. Hunt chartered the ship and removed the furs from Fort Astoria to avoid possible British capture, thus abandoning the first American fur post on the Columbia River.
- The Albatros was built by one Henri Villouin of Paris in 1912. His company made mostly cycles and motorcycles, but did build a light 4-cylinder car. Their advertisement boasted of '91 wins in 92 races', but this is thought to be referring to the cycles.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Albatros
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Animal Kingdom (1829)
Arranged in Conformity with Its Organization by Georges baron Cuvier, Charles Hamilton Smith, Edward Pidgeon, John Edward Gray, Pierre André Latreille, George Robert Gray
Found in the Antarctic Seas of the two worlds; according to Temminck the Chorolale Albatros is the young. Many albatroses are observable with more or less brown or black; but it is not yet established whether they are distinct species, ...
Former Military High-Performance Aircraft by Miguel Vasconcelos, United States Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration
The Aero Vodochody L-39 Albatros is a late 1960s (first flown in 1969) high- performance jet trainer aircraft developed in Czechoslovakia during the Cold War . It was the first of the second-generation jet trainers, and the first turbofan- powered ...
by Molly Moker
Albatros is a large beach with rental umbrellas. Cutarintlo, which is not technically one of Mollendo's beaches, is only Z km (1.1 mi) north of Mollendo on the Pan-American highway. A small inlct, it has almost C SEAFOOD C no waves and is ...
Invitation To Oceanography (2016)
by CTI Reviews
The Albatros is a sailing ketch built in.
by Andre Kamkin, Ilya Lozinsky
Finally, ALBATROS is a clinical trial designed to asses the potential ...
International Warbirds (2001)
An Illustrated Guide to World Military Aircraft, 1914-2000 by John C. Fredriksen
its predecessor, the Albatros is a viceless trainer widely employed by members of the former Warsaw Pact. Fitted with sophisticated weapon pods, it also makes a capable light attack craft. In 1966 the Aero design bureau was instructed to ...
The Genesee Farmer (1832)
The Albatros is the playmate of sailors and they look upon it with a superstitious respect, though it would seem with less awe ...
A Dictionary of Birds (1896)
by Alfred Newton
Albatros of many authors. Of this, though it has been so long the observed of all observers among voyagers to the Southern Ocean, no one seems to have given, from the life, its finished portrait on the wing, and hardly such a description as ...
An Encyclopedia by Spencer C. Tucker
The Albatros hit the Brooklyn, and the Primauguet hit the Massachusetts, but in each case little damage was done. At 11:03 a.m., the Massachusetts ceased fire to conserve ammunition in case the Richelieu appeared. The Tuscaloosa and ...
The Antarctic Dictionary (2000)
A Complete Guide to Antarctic English by Bernadette Hince
by Stephen Bull
Albatros AIRCRAFT Albatros fighters were among the best German aircraft of the First World War. Following the Ammunition ...
by Michael David Sollars, Arbolina Llamas Jennings
Bucharest: Albatros, 1982. Zaciu, Mircea, Marian Papahagi, and Aurel Sasu. Dictionar Esential al Scriitorilor Romani. Entry by Nicolae Manolescu. Bucharest: Albatros, 2000. Entry Author: Borbély, Stefan. The Sailor from Gibraltar Also known ...
Encyclopaedia Metropolitana; Or, Universal Dictionary of Knowledge on an Original Plan Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings Edited by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose (1845)
Miscellaneous and lexicographical, vol. 5
Albatros, Edwards. In Zoology, a genus of animals belonging to the family Longipennes, order Palmipedes, class Aves. . Generic character. Beak large, strong, and bending in the middle; the upper mandible hooked down ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Albatros
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Albatros
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: lns1122
Photo credit: coda
Photo credit: reurinkjan
Photo credit: Pierelint
MS Columbus Coromandel
Photo credit: Aah-Yeah
Catalog #: 00074660
Official Nickname: Taube
Photo credit: Furfante
Not known name of albatros
Photo credit: reurinkjan
Photo credit: Alain Bourque
seen 02/09/11 in berth 101 of Southampton Western docks
Photo credit: eastleighbusman
Photo credit: Martin7d2
Photo credit: reurinkjan
- Albatros boat
Photo credit: Marcelo Campi Amateur photographer
- The Albatros Boat Bar at Wells
Photo credit: deecutmore
Photo credit: Davie.Macfarlane
- White-capped Mollymawk ....Albatros
Photo credit: peterichman
- Albatros D-III
Catalog #: 00074749
- Albatros D 9 Peter Bowers photo
- Albatros D-III
Catalog #: 00074745
- ALBATROS SX.Ex. D-MTHH
Photo credit: Aleksander Markin. Александр Маркин
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Albatros
Click on an item to play that video:
- Formatia ALBATROS din Bucuresti - Volumul 1 (Original)
Original, only by Marian Lapadat - 1991.
- Albatros Karat
"Albatros" Karat (Ost Rock Klassik)
- Global Girl flying aerobatics in a fighter jet - Albatros L39
'Global Girl' having fun flying an Albatros L-39 during her aerobatic lesson in Virginia Beach. Instructor: Sean 'Flopper' Cushing from 757Adventures: ...
- THE BIGGEST RC TURBINE JET MODEL IN THE WORLD L-39 ALBATROS XXXL 68 KG SCALE 1:2,7 GIGANTIC !!!
Model: L-39 Albatros Turbine Jet /...
- Formatia Albatros - Foaie verde si-un chiper & Jaga jaga (Colaj)
Formatia Albatros - Foaie verde si-un chiper & Jaga jaga (Colaj)...
Scrabble value of A1L1B3A1T1R1O1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALBATROS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Albatros!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Albatros to find many related words and phrases!